Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show 19th December 2014

18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I bought that DVD for The Guarantee... you know the one with Peter Coonan, about Anglo and all that... Heard it getting great reviews, so I bought it.... Looked at the back of the box.... 73 minutes.... I went rubbing away at the box to see if there was a 1 missing from in from of the 73, but alas there was none. Have I just bought a second turkey for Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    no late for 2 weeks. pray tell what ever are we going to do lads?

Used to be a 3 week break for Christmas I thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Over to pitch perfect so ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Have a great Christmas lads!!....

I hope Santy Claus is good to ye all!! xxx

God bless and take care of yourselves!

Hugs and lots and lots of big sloppy kisses!!......GSWxxx :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

I bought that DVD for The Guarantee... you know the one with Peter Coonan, about Anglo and all that... Heard it getting great reviews, so I bought it.... Looked at the back of the box.... 73 minutes.... I went rubbing away at the box to see if there was a 1 missing from in from of the 73, but alas there was none. Have I just bought a second turkey for Christmas?

Bought that recently as well.
    Disappointing. Poorly put together IMO.
    Got the impression it was biased towards Lenihan and against Cowen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

well folks, its been fun. wishing yea a happy and peaceful merry christmas and a happy new year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

You know those crappy Boots presents?

Is it not the case that everybody buys them when they can't think if anything else to get, and therefore everyone knows how much thought went into them & how much they cost?

So, really, they just say "I was obliged to get you something, and we both know I'm just ticking a box here, my dearest sister in law?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Have a great Christmas lads!!....

I hope Santy Claus is good to ye all!! xxx

God bless and take care of yourselves!

Hugs and lots and lots of big sloppy kisses!!......GSWxxx :)

Many happy returns Grey and have a great time in NYC.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    You know those crappy Boots presents?

Is it not the case that everybody buys them when they can't think if anything else to get, and therefore everyone knows how much thought went into them & how much they cost?

So, really, they just say "I was obliged to get you something, and we both know I'm just ticking a box here, my dearest sister in law?"

Ah yeah, I just regift them :D

• Advertisement

cofy wrote: »
    Many happy returns Grey and have a great time in NYC.:)

I'll get you a stick of rock cofy!!....:) and a surprise!!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Good night folks, hope ye all have a happy and safe Christmas xxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I'll get you a stick of rock cofy!!....:) and a surprise!!...

Something from duty free for me GSW :D
    Have a great time!
    Happy Christmas one and all, and here's to many more laughs on the LLS and SNS threads next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Merry Christmas, everyone.

And a Happy New Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

lol at garry barlow sticking the boot in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hello!
    Sorry missed last night....out doing some Christmas revelling.

Watched take that this morning. God tubs nearly ruined/bored that.
    They are such gentlemen though.

Gary's little face about the "mean" joke. God only knows what stupidity the eejits in rte had come up with. Grrrr.

Plus why wouldn't they introduce Gary to conor/the lad on twitter....Every week they do some rubbish or other with an audience member yet they couldn't stretch to rosie AND Conor???

• Advertisement

^^^ I am a bit ranty this morning. I'm just sick of bad interviews from DLB. He's cr@p.

amdublin wrote: »
    Gary's little face about the "mean" joke. God only knows what stupidity the eejits in rte had come up with. Grrrr.

Tubridy read out the joke that Gary Barlow wouldn't read out later on in the show... It was...

What's the difference between Bono and Santa?
    Santa gives you things you want.

Side note: When googling for the proper phrasing of the joke I found this.. Take That joke tops cracker poll Tubridy just swiped all the jokes from this article and poll, got the researchers to print them out and put them in crackers...

I am a bit ranty this every morning.

Oh behalf of everybody on the thread, we understand...

Well that Bono joke is completely stupid. And can see how Gary thought it was mean in the sense that "why would I want to do a cr@p joke about someone?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Well that Bono joke is completely stupid. And can see how Gary thought it was mean in the sense that "why would I want to do a cr@p joke about someone?"

I think it reflects well on GB that he wasn't suckered into telling a slightly nasty joke on live TV just to humour the host.

It would have been easy to just go with the flow, but he did the right thing.

I honestly think 99% of the viewers could have prepared a better interview of Take That than the one we endured. They are all experienced interviewees who could have told funny anecdotes, stories from their tours, whatever instead of reading out rubbish fecking cracker jokes and dwelling on former members. He even shut them when they had started a nice acapella version of Back for Good.

I thought it was more demonstrative of how painfully politically correct and inoffensive that Barlow and the lads have had to be throughout their careers. I mean it doesnt say much when Tubridy is prepared to read out a joke that you've turned down, cos you're worried it may be seen as being offensive.

I think it's a good joke, and I think Bono would have thought so too. But I'm sure Barlow was worried about the headlines in the papers tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Skid X wrote: »
    I think it reflects well on GB that he wasn't suckered into telling a slightly nasty joke on live TV just to humour the host.

It would have been easy to just go with the flow, but he did the right thing.

I thought this as well Skid

I think it's a good joke, and I think Bono would have thought so too. But I'm sure Barlow was worried about the headlines in the papers tomorrow.

Okay obviously I am being totally thick :( but I don't get it!!!! Someone (CH) please explain the joke to me!

I thought this as well Skid

Okay obviously I am being totally thick :( but I don't get it!!!! Someone (CH) please explain the joke to me!

Okay the joke is a jocose comparison of Bono and Santa Claus:

How Santa Claus Works: You write him a letter , send it to him early in December, and he brings you the present you ask for.

How Bono Works: You turn on your PC one day and your itunes starts downloading the latest U2 album "Songs Of Innocence" automatically.. i.e. that you didnt ask for..

nb. You see that's the key to the joke, the "didnt ask for" bit...

Okay the joke is a jocose comparison of Bono and Santa Claus:

How Santa Claus Works: You write him a letter , send it to him early in December, and he brings you the present you ask for.

How Bono Works: You turn on your PC one day and your itunes starts downloading the latest U2 album "Songs Of Innocence" automatically

*guffaw, guffaw, guffaw*

Thank you!

Got it.

Haw haw haw hawwwww *brays like a donkey*

Thank you! Haw haw haw hawwwww *brays like a donkey*

It's a fairly mild joke.. I guess that Gary was anticipating the "TAKE THAT Bono" headline in The Sun the next day..

(or maybe he didnt get the joke and didnt want to read it out just in case).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Just one more thing, Conor got to meet his heroes backstage :)

https://twitter.com/GaryBarlow/status/546098866375122944

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/take-that-superfan-conor-kenny-meets-his-popstar-idols-30851325.html
    Take That superfan Conor Kenny got to meet his idols in person tonight.

The 18-year-old, who has Down Syndrome and is Take That's biggest fan, was in the audience when the pop trio appeared on The Late Late Show.

B5QL4N_IAAAjLLr.jpg

Did you hear the news about Tubridy, Amdub... Seems like you're back in the game...

Strife of Ryan: Tubridy hides heartache on Late Late Show after split from Aoibhinn Ni Shuilleabhain
    But just 12 months later they’ve pulled the plug and Aiobhinn, 31, has moved out of their love nest, with pals insisting they’re broke up for good.

A source revealed: “This is the real deal for them. She moved out of the house about three weeks ago.”

The ex-couple’s agent Noel Kelly confirmed: “Aoibhinn and Ryan are no longer together. They will remain friends and ask for privacy at this time.”

I know!

I think Aoibhinn can do so much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

He was fighting well above his own weight division there anyway ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

It's a fairly mild joke.. I guess that Gary was anticipating the "TAKE THAT Bono" headline in The Sun the next day..

(or maybe he didnt get the joke and didnt want to read it out just in case).

I didn't get it last night. Thanks for the explanation this am

I thought it was something relating to Bono "still haven't found what I'm looking for"

Obviously I'm a bit of a dope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Did you hear the news about Tubridy, Amdub... Seems like you're back in the game...

Strife of Ryan: Tubridy hides heartache on Late Late Show after split from Aoibhinn Ni Shuilleabhain

All very suspicious.

The timeline as we know it is that AmDub gets in to the Green Room and then a few weeks later Tubs and Aoibheann break up

You have got to wonder??!!!

• Advertisement

I didn't get it last night. Thanks for the explanation this am

I thought it was something relating to Bono "still haven't found what I'm looking for"

Obviously I'm a bit of a dope

That is exactly what I was thinking!!!!!!!
    All very suspicious.

The timeline as we know it is that AmDub gets in to the Green Room and then a few weeks later Tubs and Aoibheann break up

You have got to wonder??!!!

Jaysis BabysCoffee, you could write for a red rag with an imagination like that!!!! :D

All very suspicious. The timeline as we know it is that AmDub gets in to the Green Room and then a few weeks later Tubs and Aoibheann break up. You have got to wonder??!!!

But it’s understood they called it a day three weeks ago just as preparations were under way for The Late Late Toy Show.

What week was it that Amdublin was on the show?

counting_hands.jpg

Well this is explains his behaviour on the toy show. & the snippy atitude he had last night towards the guests on the show

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tubridique

Poor 'ol Mr. T and the lovely Aoibheann have split up!

That's a shame, just before the Christmas! he will be all sad tonight! :(

We will have to cheer him up!! :)

Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????

They split up every now and again and will be back together soon. They seem to have a 'Nidge' relationship going on!

Tubridique wrote: »
    Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????The y split up every now and again and will be back together soon. They seem to have a 'Nidge' relationship going on!

I dunno, they've been broken up a few weeks, and she's completely moved out... I'm having a candlelight vigil here, but unfortunately I think it's all over for good..

ahhhhh sure Lewis Hamilton and Nicole S have broken up so many times at this stage i've lost count and there currently back together. i have faith this will happen with ryan and your wan. they're meant for each other

Tubridique wrote: »
    Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????

They split up every now and again and will be back together soon. They seem to have a 'Nidge' relationship going on!

As a new member you seem to know a lot??....

Judging by your name.....em, tell us the real story or em......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Now who else would you want at your marriage proposal?

B5iN2teCcAAVNym.jpg:large

Merry Christmas one and all...

fr336 wrote: »
    Now who else would you want at your marriage proposal? Merry Christmas one and all...

At first I didnt see the ring, I thought that was her reaction when her boyfriend told her that he saw Ryan Tubridy at the airport..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Merry Christmas LLS regular dudes!

Hope yis are all enjoying the hell out of it!

:-):-):-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

At first I didnt see the ring, I thought that was her reaction when her boyfriend told her that he saw Ryan Tubridy at the airport..

:D:D:D

honestly if i saw tubs and a camera while my b/f proposed to me i would run the other way.

Advertisement