Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1911 plunger spring

Options
  • 18-12-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭

Quick question! The plunger spring on my 1911 is losing tension, causing issues with the slide stop and thumb safety. No big deal yet, but I'd like to prevent it getting worse.

So, does anyone know where I'd source a replacement? I'm thinking jewellers, watchmaker suppliers and the like. Your average hardware store wouldn't have something, would they?

I don't want to buy online for a tiny spring!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Nobody?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Maybe look in a clicky pen or some people have found small springs in disposable lighters

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

I've a busted kjw 1911, your more than welcome to the spring from it if it's any use

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Good idea Shrt!

Derek, that's a very generous offer! If you're sure you won't regret it sometime in the future, I'd take you up on that...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Next time your looking for the odd ball small parts, it may be worthwhile to contact your nearest retailer and see if they can help with parts for their "graveyard".......

• Advertisement
Advertisement