Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

'No Service' Iphone 5s Unlocked

• 18-12-2014 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

A family member gave me their new Iphone 5s which they received from Vodafone as an upgrade. As I use meteor, I paid to get the phone imei unlocked which appears to have worked as I can proceed further and dont get the usual message anymore which in other words says your phone is locked.
    But I keep getting no service in the top left corner of the screen.
    I tried a number of fixes which I read about online.

- taking the sim out and turning on airplane mode
    - restoring the phone via itunes
    - deleting the network settings in the phone and restarting
    - manually selecting the meteor network rather than using the automatic option.

Would anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

A family member gave me their new Iphone 5s which they received from Vodafone as an upgrade. As I use meteor, I paid to get the phone imei unlocked which appears to have worked as I can proceed further and dont get the usual message anymore which in other words says your phone is locked.
    But I keep getting no service in the top left corner of the screen.
    I tried a number of fixes which I read about online.

- taking the sim out and turning on airplane mode
    - restoring the phone via itunes
    - deleting the network settings in the phone and restarting
    - manually selecting the meteor network rather than using the automatic option.

Would anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Just thought I'd share the solution for this one.. I had to go into the Meteor store. It turned out that there was an issue with some number on the sim and what was in their systems.
    They updated something in the system and 10 minutes later, my phone picked up the network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

That's good it wasn't a bricked and worked out!

I used an online IMEI unlocker dude on ebay for a vodafone 4s to be unlocked and all worked well. It's good to know it works with the newer devices.

Advertisement