Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre pay meter installation certification???

Options
  • 18-12-2014 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭

Didn't want to derail a similar thread , but should an installer of a pre-pay meter supply a minor works certificate or do any testing of the installation.
    I've seen some meters installed in really old installations and wonder what tests if any he is obliged to do or record.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭17larsson

I know they do an insulation test before they start the installation.

That's as much as I know but I doubt they need to do a minor works cert for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

They do a loop impedance test and provide a minor works cert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

How do they install the meters lads? Loop outta the bottom of your main switch fuse with a phase Down too the meter and back up again? Or outta the top of the switch fuse?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    How do they install the meters lads? Loop outta the bottom of your main switch fuse with a phase Down too the meter and back up again? Or outta the top of the switch fuse?

Top of the switch fuse , down to the pre pay then back up to the consumer unit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

kramer1 wrote: »
    Top of the switch fuse , down to the pre pay then back up to the consumer unit

So easy too by pass if you wished? Do they break the nuetral aswell?

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    So easy too by pass if you wished? Do they break the nuetral aswell?

Yep.they join the incoming neutral then send it down to the meter and back up.

Advertisement