Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

active retirement groups

Options
  • 18-12-2014 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

hi there
    i'm on here to look for info on behalf of my mum. she doesn't drive but would like to join a group either an active retirement or ica type thing in sligo town. she has tried the dominic street one lots of times but can't seem to find it on the street and isn't sure if it actually exists!
    does anyone know of any groups in the centre of town rather than outside that might be suitable for her. she's quite mobile but is going slowly mad being at home!

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hi there,

I found these on their website http://www.activeirl.ie/6/find-your-local-group.html

They don't seem to have a local phone number, but if you call the Dublin No. shown on the website, 01-8733836, someone might be able to give you more information.

SligoVenue: Domican Hall, Dominic Street
    County: Co. Sligo
    Members: 151

RE the ICA, I found this, hope it helps. http://www.ica.ie/ICA/Your-Local-ICA/Sligo.967.1.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Hi
    There is an Active Retirement group that meet in the Sligo Presbyterian Church Hall.
    They have a craft group that meets every Monday 11-1pm - I think they are starting around the 2nd week in January after Christmas.
    They have a monthly meeting also on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, 2.30pm - 4.30.
    A writers group, I think it meets on Thursday afternoons.
    I'll PM you a phone number and he may be able to give you more info as I don't actually belong - I have a good few years to go yet until I retire!

Sorry having trouble private messaging - I'll keep trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

• Registered Users Posts: 19 alexsmum

Is that the Dominican hall?
    Thanks so much for your help. She will be delighted with that.

Advertisement