Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Package to USA not delivered yet?

Options
  • 18-12-2014 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Sent 2 parcels to the USA the first week in December via An Post. There's never been an issue before.
    This time round there seems to be a problem. I've tracked it and it was in Heathrow on Dec 9th. Hasn't arrived in America yet it would seem.

I'll be honest, I haven't contacted An Post or anything yet coz I don't want to panic just yet, but has anyone else has an issue before? I saw on a previous thread (from 2008) that An Post advised the customer to track the package on www.usps.com but when I do that, it says "Tracking information is not available at this time. Please check back later or double-check the tracking number entered and try again." :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I sent a parcel to the states via AnPost registered post on 9th December. I used the AnPost site to track it in Ireland and the USPS site once it hit the states. It was delivered to the recipient on 14th December. That was only 5 days, it normally takes about 8-9 days.

However once the parcel leaves Ireland it should show up the next day on the USPS site. Then it can take a few days to travel across the states to its destination. The message you are getting from USPS suggests that the item has not arrived in the states yet. If I were you I would definitely contact AnPost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

Yeah, doesn't look too good at the mo. Just checked again. One of the parcels left Heathrow on the 13th Dec. I checked this one on the USPS site there now and it has no record of it. The other one says its still in Heathrow. There was perfume (and Christmas pudding!!) in this one.
    I wonder are customs holding on to it.

Defo gonna try An Post tomorrow.

Thanks DMcL1971! :)

Perfume is a major problem. You cannot send any liquids by airmail therefore customs have probably stopped it. Pudding is also a problem as you are not allowed to send perishable goods. Either way AnPost should be able to tell you what has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    Perfume is a major problem. You cannot send any liquids by airmail therefore customs have probably stopped it. Pudding is also a problem as you are not allowed to send perishable goods. Either way AnPost should be able to tell you what has happened.

Might sound funny but can u send tea bags? Reason I ask is my friends lives in Texas and misses his Irish cuppa. Says he gets by on Pg tips but given the choice he'd prefer Irish.

I'm pretty sure that tea bags are actually OK as they are not considered to be perishable. In other words they are not likely to go off while in transit. But it is best to ring AnPost customer service to check.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

yup tea bags are fine. i think its usually homemade stuff that they have an issue with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

More of an issue with the perfume tbh. undeclared liquids are a serious no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that tea bags are actually OK as they are not considered to be perishable. In other words they are not likely to go off while in transit. But it is best to ring AnPost customer service to check.

Thanks

Advertisement