Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radiators taking 2hours to fully heat

• 18-12-2014 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I have a Potterton domestic Gas Boiler.It takes 2 hours before the Radiators are fully properly warm. After 1 hour it has only heated to 50 degrees & eventually it fully heats up to 70 deg at 2 hours. Surely it shouldn't take that long should it?? The Water Pressure is fine, between 1.5 & 2. Ive checked the Operational Neons & none of them are flashing to indicate a fault. What could be the problem? I have reset the system also with no joy! Anyone any ideas??
    I am having to have the gas on longer to heat house which is just wasting money.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Fluffy124 wrote: »
    I have a Potterton domestic Gas Boiler.It takes 2 hours before the Radiators are fully properly warm. After 1 hour it has only heated to 50 degrees & eventually it fully heats up to 70 deg at 2 hours. Surely it shouldn't take that long should it?? The Water Pressure is fine, between 1.5 & 2. Ive checked the Operational Neons & none of them are flashing to indicate a fault. What could be the problem? I have reset the system also with no joy! Anyone any ideas??
    I am having to have the gas on longer to heat house which is just wasting money.

If the boiler is firing for 2 hours it's either on low gas pressure from your gas valve or your system is sludged up. Do the radiators heat the whole way to the bottom?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fluffy124

Hi Dtp1979,
    Thanks for your advice, got it sorted, went onto Potterton website & troubleshooted it from there. The problem seemed to be that I only had the Hot Water temperature control set at 70deg & manufacturer's recommendations is that in Winter that it is set to maximum which is 80deg. I changed this as everything else seemed to be ok & problem seems to have solved.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply to me thou!

Advertisement