Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Children murdered in Australia

• 19-12-2014 10:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭

Just read this sad sad story:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1219/667831-eight-children-found-dead-in-cairns-australia/

8 kids from 18 months to 15 years old stabbed to death.
    What kind of a sick sick world do we live in when 130 kids are shot dead a few days ago and now 8 more kids are stabbed to death.
    What possible reason could motivate such a despicable act?
    RIP to all the little ones and God help the families :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

I don't want to be human anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

I'd say it was the mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Let's not speculate before we even know the facts.

Poor little things...RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Very sad, how can you murder a child... RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It's been a really rough month for the Australians, first Phil Hughes (the cricketer), then the Martin Place cafe situation, and now this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

all these tragic stories are really making this a dour xmas season

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,452 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

There will always be incomprehensible tragedies. The fact that its 8 poor youngsters magnifies it, but infanticide happens unfortunately. My own great aunt ended the life of her child and failed to end her own in the same act, due to loneliness from emigration many years ago. Today it would be mourned, back then it was buried as a dreadful family secret, so at least these circumstances are being confronted more.

Pressure and mental illness and closed doors are a dangerous combination.

Thinking of the family, RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Larbre34 wrote: »

yes unfortunately, just look at what happened in co clare yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

fryup wrote: »
    all these tragic stories are really making this a dour xmas season

RIP

I know, can't even begin to understand how the parents must feels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

bear1 wrote: »
    I know, can't even begin to understand how the parents must feels.

Or the other siblings, apparently she had more than 8 children so not all of them died. Imagine finding out that 8 of your little brothers and sisters had all died in the same day:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Seems to be a lot of News stories eminating from Australia these days

nelly17 wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of News stories eminating from Australia these days

Pity that it's all sad news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

This comes across as a deeply dysfunctional family with many issues, the mother is 36 with a 20 year old son so the sums speak for themselves.
    Whats rather chilling is that she was lucid when emergency services arrived. One automatically assumes that the perpetrator of such a crime is suffering from some sort of psychotic condition but this isn't obvious here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Every single life is priceless. Hard to imagine there's people on this very same site, calling for abortion to be legalised. Sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

newmug wrote: »
    Every single life is priceless. Hard to imagine there's people on this very same site, calling for abortion to be legalised. Sick.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,667 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

bear1 wrote: »
    God help the families :(

Bit late now. Maybe he could stop the next tragedy instead of "helping" them afterwards. RIP little ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Bit late now. Maybe he could stop the next tragedy instead of "helping" them afterwards. RIP little ones.

Reminds me of the old Emo Phillips joke: 'I spent ages praying to God for a new bike, never got it. Then I realised that's not how religion works, so I went out and stole a bike, then asked God for forgiveness'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

ryanf1 wrote: »
    This comes across as a deeply dysfunctional family with many issues, the mother is 36 with a 20 year old son so the sums speak for themselves.
    Whats rather chilling is that she was lucid when emergency services arrived. One automatically assumes that the perpetrator of such a crime is suffering from some sort of psychotic condition but this isn't obvious here.

Your logic doesn't make any sense - they're a dysfunctional family because she had her first child at 16?

And I'd be inclined to leave the psychology of the situation to the actual psychologists, and those who have all the facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

there's already an abortion thread running at the moment. You could have gone there to say it but you decided to start talking about abortion (and calling pro choice people sick) on a thread about a murdered family.

Well done, you've really lowered the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

wtf are you on about. How low can someone crawl using a thread about stabbed murdered children to bring up abortion. really?

go away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Family slaughters have to be one of the grimmest sort of events. Awful.

And that couple in Co Clare -- small children orphaned by violence.

How can we help love triumph over anger?

"Every single life is precious."

It's the dark time of year (in this hemisphere) - sad and philosophical mood. Bring on the Solstice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

I'm not surprised that the lady was Aboriginal. Most likely she had some 'evil spirit' inside her that made her do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

To answer the OP: the world isn't sick. It is what it is. The people who murdered so many in the school in Pakistan explained their actions as revenge: the military they said have killed their children for years so here's a taste of your own medicine. Its a basic human response. Hatred of education born from a "revealed" religion is put on top of it. It is of course despicable but it's not incomprehensible or sick. It's the way humans are.
    The murders in Cairns may well be the result of mental illness. But the world produces physically and mentally ill and disabled people constantly as part of its very way of recreating life. There is no great mystery to it in that sense: the shock we feel at these events is maybe the numbers involved and the relative rarity. It will happen again. The only "solution" is to limit it and get an understanding of humanity as species rather than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Noobascious

Larbre34 wrote: »
    There will always be incomprehensible tragedies

Thinking of the family, RIP.

Yeah mental illness will have to be bought into especially when the pharma industry employs thousands of Irish people. The drugs are made from chemicals and are toxic. People die from pharma drugs. I've been in an nut house pretty normal people until u talk to the long termers all over the place **** all short term memory left. Practically all of them suffer from Stockholm syndrome. Wouldn't be money problems or other simple explanations.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kingii

Its totally disturbing. ..

This makes fcuk all sense.
    I really think you need to re-read what the abortion issue is about, but there is no way you can even considering comparing the murder of 8 children with abortion.. Mind boogles.

Advertisement