Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa vs Manchester United Match Thread 20/12/'14 K/O 3pm Setanta 1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Young's danger on the left is his unpredictability, he's too obvious on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

**** Guzan, dickhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,313 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Has Guzan been tested at all today ?
    I cant recall him having to make any major saves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Only 3 mins????

Mata has been pure tripe today

OdgeXD wrote: »
    **** Guzan, dickhead.

I'd want de gea doing the same at 2-1 with 10 men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

3 minutes extra time ...what a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Mata shocking there

glued wrote: »
    Only 3 mins????

Mata has been pure tripe today

No he hasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Benteke MOTM?

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Surely Ashley Young should be man of the match.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

I'd want de gea doing the same at 2-1 with 10 men.

Yeah I know, I do the same myself when I'm playing. It's incredibly frustrating when the tables are turned. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Surely Ashley Young should be man of the match.

For completing about 50% of his crosses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,855 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

TINA1984 wrote: »
    Enlighten me, what's my agenda here? Obviously you, being a fair and impartial football oracle of delphi who just so happens to be a MU fan, don't have an agenda here, definitely not.

Enlighten you ? :eek: I have a full time job already thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Pathetic dropping points to this lot.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Benteke was free back post. Poor pull back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Immature from wilson there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Jesus 2 dropped points today. Poor decisions from van Gaal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Fair result, United did absolutely nothing when Villa went down to 10, wouldn't have even noticed they had an extra man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Pathetic dropping points to this lot.

Exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That's a really poor result against an absolutely garbage Villa team : /

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Oh that would have been sweet. Villa keeper is decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

fair bad after villa going down to 10 men, looked lost after changing formation and a few changes didnt make much sense.

25mins with 10 men and Utd didnt punish Villa or create any clear cut chances, pretty poor theyll be freaked dropping 2 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭TINA1984

That's a really poor result against an absolutely garbage Man u team : /

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

United got what they came for, well thats what youd think the way the played for the last 30 min. Villa comfortable and United mostly dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

GavRedKing wrote: »
    25mins with 10 men and Utd didnt punish Villa or create any clear cut chances, pretty poor theyll be freaked dropping 2 points.

Yeah totally agree, even if Villa had dropped to 9 they still should be beating poor teams like man u.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭TINA1984

Strumms wrote: »
    Enlighten you ? :eek: I have a full time job already thanks.

Lol sick burn brah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,855 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

So that's it... on paper that was a very winnable game especially when Villa went down to ten but we never got ourselves going, no real rythem in our play and we just looked unbalanced. Fair play to Villa they defended well and created a few chances. The point was a fair result in the end I think Villa would justifiably have felt robbed if we had sneaked a winner at the end considering the game overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

FFS Villa, 2 winnable games and 2 reds feck up whatever chance we had.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Utd were poor after they equalised. It is 2 points lost imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

That Villa team is awful and United couldn't take advantage. Wilson needs to come out of the rotation. Ineffectual whenever he comes on and can't seem to get to grips with the pace of games.

Nice that Falcao to get a goal but everyone bar Young first 70 minutes ranged from average to tripe. Evans being bullied by Benteke everytime reminded me of when he was destroyed by Carlton Cole a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Utd's luck had to run out eventually. They we lucky enough to get a point in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Danye

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Utd were poor after they equalised. It is 2 points lost imho

United have been poor all season. Really poor. The results over the last few weeks have papered over the terrible performances.

IMO, its a case of United trying to find their identity under LVG.

JPA wrote: »
    FFS Villa, 2 winnable games and 2 reds feck up whatever chance we had.

I thought you were looked less likely to win with 11 men. Bizarrely, it was United that fell apart after your red.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Utd's luck had to run out eventually. They we lucky enough to get a point in fairness.

We've been lucky for 20 odd years pal. That doesn't just go away.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Hardly the end of the world for Utd. Good point for Villa.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Danye wrote: »
    United have been poor all season. Really poor. The results over the last few weeks have papered over the terrible performances.

IMO, its a case of United trying to find their identity under LVG.

A fair point but when the results are good we don't worry too much about performance. Hopefully with less injuries things will improve. Spurs away next right? That'll be a tough match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

On the bright side we're still 3rd

• Sounds like tripe, disappointed but in all honesty we haven't been playing that well anyway. Motd or no?
    As for young..sounds like his final ball hasn't improved. A much as he's being having an improved season from a work rate perspective...his delivery has always been questionable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Corholio wrote: »
    Absolute rubbish from Lowton. Can gladly **** off in January.

Why is bacuna not in ahead of him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

niallo27 wrote: »

1oCtj.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sounds like tripe, disappointed but in all honesty we haven't been playing that well anyway. Motd or no?
    As for young..sounds like his final ball hasn't improved. A much as he's being having an improved season from a work rate perspective...his delivery has always been questionable.

He was causing all sorts of trouble on the left and the ball for Falcao was perfect. His crossing went to crap once he went to the right.

• thelad95 wrote: »
    He was causing all sorts of trouble on the left and the ball for Falcao was perfect. His crossing went to crap once he went to the right.

Why was he switched to the right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

Probably got the result today that some of the previous performances warranted. It wasn't great today either but wouldn't have been as flattered to win today as we were in other games.

It just emphasises that this is still very much a work in progress and while top 4 is fairly certain, it will be at least 2 more windows before we are ready to challenge for the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭basillarkin

For all the money UTD have spent they still couldn't create enough chances against 10 man villa. Living off a lot of luck especially against the saints and arsenal. Villa created the better chances especially the header saved by degea.

Benteke motm by some distant, made the UTD back 3 look amateurish at times. Delph to was rock solid always looking for the ball. Young was probably UTDs best player. Rooney and Mata not at the races but they were pressed at all times by Villa. If Gabby wasn't harsly sent off, Villa would have won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Good to see utd fans are still living on the moon with their expectations of glory...and calling aston villa a "rubbish" team just shows how bitter you lot are

• GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Good to see utd fans are still living on the moon with their expectations of glory...and calling aston villa a "rubbish" team just shows how bitter you lot are

Says who? I'm sorry for being confindent after a 6 win streak on the back of beating liverpool. Even still I have been realistic we have regained some luck but also some team spirit. I didn't get to watch the game today but to make some silly assumption that all utd fans in here were calling villa rubbish was just nonsense. I have been open about our weaknesses also and so have a lot of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

For all the money UTD have spent they still couldn't create enough chances against 10 man villa. Living off a lot of luck especially against the saints and arsenal. Villa created the better chances especially the header saved by degea.

Benteke motm by some distant, made the UTD back 3 look amateurish at times. Delph to was rock solid always looking for the ball. Young was probably UTDs best player. Rooney and Mata not at the races but they were pressed at all times by Villa. If Gabby wasn't harsly sent off, Villa would have won.

Not so sure about that.
    Disappointing from a united perspective, a good reaction to last week's derby loss for villa, neither side were amazing and neither really looked likely to win at any stage.

Glazers Out!

GHOST MGG wrote: »

Villa are a rubbish team. And I expect United to beat them. All in my opinion, of course, but I don't see how these are controversial or bitter comments. Guess I'll go back to my moon crater and eat my lemons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

GHOST MGG wrote: »

Yes all united fans are just like that. The same as all villa fans are ball hogging time wasters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement