Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa vs Manchester United Match Thread 20/12/'14 K/O 3pm Setanta 1

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

What a result!!

Blows the title race wide open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭TINA1984

edgecutter wrote: »
    Yes all united fans are just like that. The same as all villa fans are ball hogging time wasters.

Same as all utd fans are experts on the rules of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

TINA1984 wrote: »

You seem incredibly wound up about something.

You seem incredibly wound up about something.

You miss the game brah? Let me recap for you: a game ruined by terrible refereeing decisions in favour of one side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Have a **** and chill out ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

You miss the game brah? Let me recap for you: a game ruined by terrible refereeing decisions in favour of one side.

Oh come on. That was a great result for villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

On the bright side we're still 3rd

A point closer to Chelsea too!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

if people want to discuss the game, fine.

If ye want to engage on a discussion of fans and take shots at each other, I can close the topic now and we can all avoid the headache that comes with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

What is this brah thing? Bizarre. Anyway, I think you're being a bit precious and hyperbolic. For me, the game was ruined by two sides that played **** football. The refereeing decision was subjective and a sideshow to the **** sandwich that Villa and United served up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Didn't see this game, listened on 5 Live. Jason Roberts was co-commentator. He hit the nail on the head time and again - in the first half about how laboured we were and how long it was taking to get the ball wide on either flank to where he felt we were getting joy due to where Mata was positioned and the cover needed for him. And then I'm the second going on about the decision to move Young to the right after he had been doing so well on the left to accommodate Di Maria. I'm sure I often say di Maria doing the business down the right for Real Madrid. So why change Young to that wing? Have always had my question marks over van gaal. Today hasn't changed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

What decisions? There was only 1 bad decision and that was the red.

Overall the ref had a decent game and while I think it was a harsh red card, it was a hard challenge and you can see why he may have given it.

matrim wrote: »
    What decisions? There was only 1 bad decision and that was the red.

Overall the ref had a decent game and while I think it was a harsh red card, it was a hard challenge and you can see why he may have given it.

Several instances: One, a clear corner kick just prior to the sending off not given. Two, a blatant foul + possible card on Delph not given.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Several instances: One, a clear corner kick just prior to the sending off not given. Two, a blatant foul + possible card on Delph not given.
    For the corner the whole of the ball has to cross the line and it did not seem to from the replay. The linesman made that decision rather than the ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

The corner one if fair enough, I thought that was a corner but it was very tight.

I don't remember the free on Delph? Are you talking about the Young challenge because it looked to me like Young got the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Thank you! At least someone noticed the lack of injury time helping Villa.

• Advertisement

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "I thought we looked great.
    "I thought the goal was a world-class goal from Christian and the sending-off put us on the back foot.
    "I didn't think it was a sending off to be fair. Ashley Young has said to Brad Guzan that he made the foul on Gabriel Agbonlahor.
    "That was not a sending off, everyone in the ground saw that."

Oh dear :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "I thought we looked great.
    "I thought the goal was a world-class goal from Christian and the sending-off put us on the back foot.
    "I didn't think it was a sending off to be fair. Ashley Young has said to Brad Guzan that he made the foul on Gabriel Agbonlahor.
    "That was not a sending off, everyone in the ground saw that."

Oh dear :pac:
    Just saw the incident on MOTD. Never ever was that a sending off. Not even sure it was a foul. Scandalous decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

In fairness to van gal he called it correctly. It's a pity the utd fans are so blinkered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

niallo27 wrote: »
    In fairness to van gal he called it correctly. It's a pity the utd fans are so blinkered.

What is it we are all too blind to see?

What is it we are all too blind to see?

What are you not here for the reaction today. Disgusting tackle. Horror challenge. Definete red card etc etc etc.

• Advertisement

What are you not here for the reaction today. Disgusting tackle. Horror challenge. Definete red card etc etc etc.

Nah, I wasn't. If I go back and look will I see the majority of United fans on the forum have posted this?

Nah, I wasn't. If I go back and look will I see the majority of United fans on the forum have posted this?

99.9999% of them at least.

I just had a check there and it looks like more United fans said it was harsh than anything else...
    1 or 2 stuck to their guns after the replay.

I just had a check there and it looks like more United fans said it was harsh than anything else...
    1 or 2 stuck to their guns after the replay.

It was more then 1 or 2, special mention to the lad who maintained he had a greater knowledge of the rules of the game then the rest of us mere mortals:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Agbonlahor off!
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Stupid tackle
    Headshot wrote: »
    good ****ing riddens
    zerks wrote: »
    Bad tackle there.
    RobertKK wrote: »
    I hope Young is ok, looks bad.
    Gabby gone! Red card
    matrim wrote: »
    Looked deserved but want to see a replay

After the replay, I'd have to say harsh red. A yellow was enough
    Ahaha, off you go.
    ****ing dirty tackle

rotten tackle
    OdgeXD wrote: »
    Honestly think that's a harsh red, he swung alright but still harsh.
    He could have killed him there
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Looks a bit harsh to me.
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Not a red for me
    Johner wrote: »
    Yellow for me.
    Ardent wrote: »
    Farcical decision.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    His foot was down can see why it was red though could have easily been a yellow too.
    Liam O wrote: »
    Was a bad tackle but unsure if it was a red-worthy one.
    Strumms wrote: »
    That could have been a leg breaker.... Dirty ****er
    Corholio wrote: »
    Stupid and rough tackle. But not sure about a straight red.
    Harsh red in fairness.

Really need to push on now and win the game
    Johner wrote: »
    Lol calm down, was a late tackle.
    Looper007 wrote: »
    Not a red for me. The Ref is going to be crucified if Utd go on and win this.
    ****ing wahey right back at them.
    Umm no. No studs up, just a hard kick really.
    A yellow for that tackle? You kidding me? It was well late
    Liam O wrote: »
    I guess it was more the intent. He knew he wasn't getting the ball and just went for Young. I can see why it's a red, same as I could accept just a yellow for it. The indignation over the red is unwarranted though.
    He meant to kick him for sure, wasn't high or studs up but it's a red for me
    glued wrote: »
    lol fairly obvious red. It was clumsy and wreckless. The usual suspects overreacting
    Late doesnt just mean red. Wasnt extremely dangerous.

Might have missed 1 or 2 posts, how the hell is that 99% saying it was clear red.
    Shame Liverpool fan is so blinkered to see what he wants to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Confirmed that Agbonlahor's red card has been rescinded. Right call.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Definitely the right call, terrible decision at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Definitely the right call, terrible decision at the time.

Could cost us the title :mad:

Advertisement