Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bike Canyon or Rose ??

Options
  • 19-12-2014 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I'm looking at getting a new bike for around the €1000 mark have been looking at these two

German bikes but cant seem separate them and wanted to see what people thought of them

they are the canyon endurance al6.0 and the rose pro sl 2000 both going for €999 was going

to post links but cant because im a new user

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

I have a Canyon and would recommend them. However do check their lead I times as for some models you won't get your bike until April

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

It's really a matter of aesthetics. They are both excellent bikes at that price. Lots have posted the same quandry, including myself; I went with Canyon in the end. No regrets, but I'd imagine I'd have been as happy with the Rose. Mine was delivered as expected in about 4 weeks.

Canyon's entry level road bike used to be the Roadlite; now it's the Endurace - a more relaxed stance compared to previously, perhaps? Marginal difference, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

is the non-standard size fork/headset/stem still an issue on the Canyon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭nilhg

Seeing as the OP is happy enough to buy on line from Germany, I'll throw this into the mix as well,

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-r1-4.0-239502/wg_id-3526

I rode one for a week in Spain recently an was very impressed, did 450km and 7000m of climbing and it never missed a beat.

My brother had an Alu Rose, not exactly the same model as the OP is looking at but it's a lovely bike, wouldn't put anyone off getting one.

Plenty of Canyons in the club peleton, never hear any complaints, so I suppose really it's a matter of which one the OP prefers the look of, availability and possibly geometry.

Don't think you can go too far wrong with any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Welshkev

kuro_man wrote: »
    is the non-standard size fork/headset/stem still an issue on the Canyon?
    Was for me recently - mine's a 2014 model

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 kev1986

just seen the radon bikes there today, looks like online from Germany is the best value for

money in this price range cheers for all the input

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Csapi007

Hy,
    I'm facing the same question. And those two bikes are my exact choices too.
    However I'm leaning toward the Rose at the moment.
    The Canyon just looks like a dumbed down version of the carbon frame (for example only two of the cables are internally routed).

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

I got a Rose Pro SL recently. Very happy with it. As mentioned before be prepared to wait 4 weeks for build/delivery. Might also be worth getting one of those bikefitting.com fittings done I. advance to help with sizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

What about planetx
    You can go full carbon for that price

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FBPXSLPRIV22C/planet-x-pro-carbon-sram-rival-22-road-bike

Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Was for me recently - mine's a 2014 model

Can you tell us more, please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I was torn between Canyon and Rose, but I'm going for a Rose next year. I prefer the look and the internal cable routing. Also from here, I can drive to Munich and pick it up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

martyc5674 wrote: »
    What about planetx
    You can go full carbon for that price

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FBPXSLPRIV22C/planet-x-pro-carbon-sram-rival-22-road-bike

Marty.

Would rate the rose or canyon ahead of the planetx. Carbon not always better just cause it's carbon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Can you tell us more, please.

Not knowing Kevin's issue...

They are not available "off the shelf" being 1-1/4in rather than the standard 1- 1/8in

You pretty much have to source one from Canyon or off ebay, if you are lucky. They are about 70e too.

'Twas a pain in the hoop going from a 90 to 110mm, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Highly recommend Rose. Have a Pro DX cross bike - fantastic bike for the money. Finish is really good, real quality piece of kit.

Really good to deal with. Had a five week lead time to shipping, and whaddya know bang on 5 weeks they shipped. And they didn;t take my money until shipping.

Furthermore, I mangled the mech hanger in the cx race in Punchestown last weekend. Got on the phone to them on Monday morning. ordered a new hanger, shipped that afternoon, arrived today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Csapi007

Hy
    I've just found a new contender: cube.eu/en/bikes/road-race/peloton/cube-peloton-race-blacknwhitenred-2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

hey if you like that cube....

I'm selling this: http://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/cube-peloton-road-bike/8050207

sort of similar... at half the price ;)

Advertisement