Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool VS Arsenal Sunday(16.00 ko) Anfield - Mod Note Linked in OP

• 19-12-2014 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

The big one.

Liverpool vs arsenal, 11th vs 6th.
    Same fixture Last year seen Liverpool win 5 - 1. But the last 6 games between these two sides have seen arsenal win a whooping 4 times, 1 draw and 1 Liverpool win.

Liverpool's current form: WLDDW
    Arsenal's current form: WWLWW

Team news:
    Baloteli is yet another Liverpool player banned for racism and will miss this game. Walcott is likely to make the bench for arsenal. Likely teams:

Jones
    Toure
    Skertle
    Lovern
    Henderson
    Moreno
    Lucas
    Gerard
    Markovic
    Sterling
    Lalana

-Szcz
    Debuchy-Mertesacker-monreal-Gibbs
    Flamini-Coq

Santi
    Welbz
    Giroud
    Sanchez

One of the only big teams arsenal can beat, going to with 3-1 gunners win

Mod Note:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93508706&postcount=36

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Im on a work junket to this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I dont know why but arsenal just dont fill me with dread as a pool supporter.
    Had the same feeling for the utd game and tho it ended 3-0 , if we had taken those early chances it might have been different
    Liverpool to get domething from this or at least deliver a performance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

One things certain – there will be goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Lol at the ops 'yet another' jibe.... normally for 2 events another is sufficient, 'yet another' sounds like there have been dozens and is more in keeping with the Daily Mail or some such

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Baloteli is yet another Liverpool player banned for racism and will miss this game.

I could put in a visual representation of what I think about your trolling here but I'd get banned if I did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Seems arsenal have 7 first team players out i just can't see a win for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

gimmick wrote: »
    Im on a work junket to this :)

Slightly tipsy at someone else's expense is probably the best way to watch two punch drunk defences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can't see it being yet another whooping for Arsenal here.

3-1 Liverpool.

Whoop whoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

There will be goals.

As it's Arsenal, away from home, in a big game, all I can see is a home win.

2-1 Stealers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Arsenal's goalscoring has been boosted lately by Giroud's return, Cazorla's form returning and Alexis' continued excellence. They held out for the most part against a Newcastle team with two in-form goalscorers in Ayoze Perez and Papiss Cisse and can field a stronger back four on paper with the return of Callum Chambers, but their midfield is stripped pretty bare and will be praying for the Ox to pass a late fitness test on Saturday.

Liverpool can take some hope from the chances created against Man United and finally putting a few away against Bournemouth during the week, but defensive worries continue and young Bradley Jones didn't appear to represent much of an improvement on dropped Simon Mignolet against Man U.

Much will depend on whether Arsenal can score early and also whether they can keep their heads after their capitulation in Anfield last year. The questions are often asked of their mental toughness for the big games and rightly so.

Tentatively gonna go for a 2-1 Arsenal win, or 3-1 if they can score early, get Walcott on for the last half an hour and make Alberto Moreno even more homesick.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can't see it being yet another whooping for Arsenal here.

3-1 Liverpool.

Whoop whoop.

Nice reference to the OP. Bit of a Freudian slip with the "can't" though. The mind won't bend to the heart's weakness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lock thread. LuckyLloyd was to make this thread.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Nice reference to the OP. Bit of a Freudian slip with the "can't" though. The mind won't bend to the heart's weakness.

Eh, I meant can't.

Eh, I meant can't.

Given Liverpool's struggles this season and the fact Arsenal have won 4 of their last 6 trips to Anfield, I would have thought 3-1 is as optomistic a whooping as anyone could hope for. Clearly I was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

MD1990 wrote: »

Sorry, I had ignored the potential for an Arsenal fan to start the thread. Don't pay them much heed on here.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Sorry, I had ignored the potential for an Arsenal fan to start the thread. Don't pay them much heed on here.

It was an Arsenal fan in this same fixture last season as well I believe. Sadly we won't be seeing a repeat result, although an unjust 2-1 home win might be nearly better in some respects with people like the OP in mind.

However if Arsenal play even fairly well they should probably win considering how awful our defence is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Is this a new record for a poster being carded in a match thread? The op get's carded lol.

Anyhow,3-1 to Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Didn't see much wrong with the OP?? What was the card for?

0-1, Arsenal steal, Liverpool won't be about to score you'll find.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Given Liverpool's struggles this season and the fact Arsenal have won 4 of their last 6 trips to Anfield, I would have thought 3-1 is as optomistic a whooping as anyone could hope for. Clearly I was wrong.

By arsenal standards 3-1 isn't a whooping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

By arsenal standards 3-1 isn't a whooping.

Interesting stat: Liverpool have lost 3 times this season to that score line - man city, west Ham and crystal palace. And 3 nil to man united and real Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Any chance of closing this one and starting another one? Most thread starts well and then decent into farce. Considering this has started as a farce it doesn't bode well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Any chance of closing this one and starting another one? Most thread starts well and then decent into farce. Considering this has started as a farce it doesn't bode well.

Benjamin button syndrome. Thread will end up full of innocence and brotherhood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

perhaps this one will improve as it goes on?

This thread was never meant to be a farce, I put a lot of effort checking previous matches, form and team news.

Anyway cards were handed out, comments were made but let's put that behind us and keep this thread classy from now on.

i'm hoping for a brace from Welbz. and Giroud to continue his fine form.

Sterling's pace against our makeshift defence is scary, but last seasons 5-1 was a freak result, like last season in general for liverpool.

thankfully things have normalised and we should see an arsenal victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

bad2dabone wrote: »
    i'm hoping for a brace from Welbz. and Giroud to continue his fine form.

Sterling's pace against our makeshift defence is scary, but last seasons 5-1 was a freak result, like last season in general for liverpool.

thankfully things have normalised and we should see an arsenal victory.

It wasn't a freak result last year. Liverpool had two of the most in form strikers in Europe up front and can you have a freak season.

This thread was never meant to be a farce, I put a lot of effort checking previous matches, form and team news.

Anyway cards were handed out, comments were made but let's put that behind us and keep this thread classy from now on.

Why ruin with a stupid comment then. You knew what would happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

MD1990 wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:

Looks like Jones is starting so arsenal should win this one.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why ruin with a stupid comment then. You knew what would happen.

It's not a stupid comment, it's currently a dominating news headline, just because your fans took offense to it doesn't mean it ruined the thread, I also added the 5 - 1 defeat which would make arsenal fans touchy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A boring 1 - 1 or 0 - 0 draw.

It's not a stupid comment, it's currently a dominating news headline, just because your fans took offense to it doesn't mean it ruined the thread, I also added the 5 - 1 defeat which would make arsenal fans touchy

I just don't see the point of it. It was a stupid yellow card to get and no one will take you seriously because of it. You have to more subtle.

A boring 1 - 1 or 0 - 0 draw.

With Jones in goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It wasn't a freak result last year. Liverpool had two of the most in form strikers in Europe up front and can you have a freak season.

Liverpool had a great season, no denying that, but 5 - 1 is still a freak result (as is 6 - 3 and 6 - 0 btw)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Let's keep discussion to the football lads, no more talking about cards etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

You can feel the love :pac:

Sorry Niallo,

in my opinion it was a freak result and a freak season.

but lets not argue, it's the time for goodwill and peace among men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I wouldn't be shocked in we won 5-1, I wouldn't be shocked if Arsenal won 5-1. I would be shocked if it finished 0-0. Sums it up really.

I wouldn't be shocked in we won 5-1, I wouldn't be shocked if Arsenal won 5-1. I would be shocked if it finished 0-0. Sums it up really.

Haha you're probably right chucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Jones in goal apparently so 4-2 Arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Remember the days when it was just Turty that hated Arsenal and no one else was too bothered.
    Now there's as much hatred as v Utd.

With Jones playing we're we're going to take a hit of at least 2 goals. Look for BR to start his least attacking line up and possibly push Lovren's wheelchair onto the pitch to make sure he gets his game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Revolutionary from Liverpool playing without a goalkeeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Revolutionary from Liverpool playing without a goalkeeper

Rodgers is going in goal. He's attempting to save his career...

Remember the days when it was just Turty that hated Arsenal and no one else was too bothered.
    Now there's as much hatred as v Utd.

Saying stuff like that will get me a reputation. The hatred was always there on their side, it was just hidden behind the two faced 'football friends' rubbish. Good to see some of our side picking up the slack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Saying stuff like that will get me a reputation. The hatred was always there on their side, it was just hidden behind the two faced 'football friends' rubbish. Good to see some of our side picking up the slack.

As an Arsenal fan I will freely admit that I hate Liverpool as much now as when they were good back in the 80s

Bring it on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Arsenal to win comfortable. Liverpool still giving up too many chances and still to easy to play against. Arsenal were very good at the back last week with Debuchy in at CB and going forward were excellent with their front 3. Perfect time for them to be playing Liverpool

Arsenal to win comfortable. Liverpool still giving up too many chances and still to easy to play against. Arsenal were very good at the back last week with Debuchy in at CB and going forward were excellent with their front 3. Perfect time for them to be playing Liverpool

Stoke were 3 nil up against 2 weeks ago. Arsenal ain't that good. If it was the Emirates then maybe but not at anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No it's been there on your side since 1989.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Stoke were 3 nil up against 2 weeks ago. Arsenal ain't that good. If it was the Emirates then maybe but not at anfield.

arsenal might not be the best of late but liverpool are absolutely shít lately, i can see this being a comfortable win for the gunners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Sorry Niallo,

in my opinion it was a freak result and a freak season.

but lets not argue, it's the time for goodwill and peace among men.

Under George Graham getting thrashed by a top 4 rival would be a freak result for Arsenal. Under Wenger it's a 2 or 3 times a season kind of routine.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement