Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool VS Arsenal Sunday(16.00 ko) Anfield - Mod Note Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Such a cluster duck of a thread :(

Anyway combined eleven anyone?

………………Synz
    Debuchy…Mert…Kos…Gibbs
    …………………Dm
    Walcott…Ramsey…Ozil…Sanchez
    ……………………sturridge

DM - my preference would be Arteta, won't argue if people put Gerard Lucas or the flamster there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I'm personally loving this thread. Its like two jack russels fighting thinking they are big dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Oranage2 wrote: »

………………Synz
    Debuchy…Mert…Kos…Gibbs
    …………………Dm
    ……………………sturridge

DM - my preference would be Arteta, won't argue if people put Gerard Lucas or the flamster there.

You call it a clusterfuck of a thread and then ask for a combined 11,knowing full well how that always turns out??

You're not even trying these days,are you?

:rolleyes: has it got to the stage were you can't post anything without a Liverpool fan taking offense?

I quite enjoy combination elevens, I watched Keane vs Vieira do a combination 11. It's not a new thing or troll bait like you're suggesting, it's a genuine debate tool.

As for your not trying comment, I've received 2 yellows in the whole of 2014, I am not a troll my friend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

I'm predicting a Welbeck goal shortly followed by an invasion of Man Utd fans into the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

………………Synz
    Debuchy…Mert…Kos…Gibbs
    …………………Dm
    ……………………sturridge

You did this just to **** stir, you know damn well Giroud gets in there ahead of Sturridge...... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

………………Synz
    Debuchy…Mert…Kos…Gibbs
    …………………Dm
    ……………………sturridge

The only DM with the defensive abilities to balance that out has to be Flamini for me, only possible change would be Hendo for Ramsey, at a push. Big fan of Henderson though.

Soups123 wrote: »
    You did this just to **** stir, you know damn well Giroud gets in there ahead of Sturridge...... :)

Like the old Chinese proverb

'Man who is always in wheelchair is no good, man who is incredibly handsome is more dependable'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

………………Synz
    Debuchy…Mert…Kos…Gibbs
    …………………Dm
    ……………………sturridge

That team is grand in theory but they would hardly be fit for 38 games between them.

niallo27 wrote: »
    That team is grand in theory but they would hardly be fit for 38 games between them.

Welbeck will be on the bench to replace the crock that is Sturridge, don't worry.

• Advertisement

Welbeck will be on the bench to replace the crock that is Sturridge, don't worry.

I'd have lambert ahead of wellbeck in fairness.

Wellbeck is an imaginary player you've made up.

Also, of course YOU would, you'd rather Giorgio Samaras over Welbeck.

Wellbeck is an imaginary player you've made up.

Also, of course YOU would, you'd rather Giorgio Samaras over Welbeck.

There is a reason why utd fans were taking the piss when arsenal signed him you do know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

There is a reason why utd fans were taking the piss when arsenal signed him you do know.

Strangely enough they weren't most didn't want him gone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'd have to disagree there. Strongly.

Trust me we were laughing more when ye bought Lambert, of that I assure you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

As an Arsenal fan I'm not confident today. I think today will be decided more by Arsenal being bad than Liverpool being good.

Losing to this Liverpool side would be embarrassing enough, I just hope we don't lose big because that would be our worst result in many a year if we did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Well that's good, seeing as that's what you have. I guess you'd probably have Carroll over Welbeck also...

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

You'd have to have Sterling over Walcott. Theo relied on his pace a lot and has to prove he's still the same player after his ACL injury.

I don't think there's a huge amount in it assuming both are at there best anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Blatter wrote: »
    You'd have to have Sterling over Walcott. Theo relied on his pace a lot and has to prove he's still the same player after his ACL injury.

I don't think there's a huge amount in it assuming both are at there best anyway.

At their best?

Walcott's goalscoring does it.

Not really a contest. At their best that is.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    At their best?

He's more productive stats wise alright but Sterling has more influence on a game in other ways. Still think it's close with both at their best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

At their best?

Walcott has 74 goals in 300 games. Not exactly prolific.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Despite popular opinion Liverpool have been quite good defensively at home. They have only conceded 6 goals in 8 games with chelsea the only team to score more than 1 against them. The problem is scoring goals.
    Ill go for 1 1 today with sterling and wellbeck scoring

NukaCola wrote: »

He couldn't hit a barn door in his first few seasons but in fairness he bacame much more prolific over the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

1-1 draw myself.

If any team will win I fancy Liverpool to be there one, but draw most likely.

Blatter wrote: »
    He couldn't hit a barn door in his first few seasons but in fairness he bacame much more prolific over the last few years.

I think Walcott is a great player, but I wouldn't argue that his goals would be the main reason to choose him over Sterling.

Apart from one season in his entire career he's been a 1 goal in 3/4 games player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Looking at the table it really is a must-win for Liverpool.

I know a draw may not feel the worst given our recent problems but this is a chance to get back in touch with Spurs, Arsenal and the other top 4 pretenders.

If we can get to within 3 or 4 points of these teams going into the New Year when Sturridge is hopefully back we may just have an outside chance.

At their best.

At his best Walcott scores in big games.

Again, at their best.

I think Walcott is a great player, but I wouldn't argue that his goals would be the main reason to choose him over Sterling.

Apart from one season in his entire career he's been a 1 goal in 3/4 games player.

At their best

• Advertisement

At their best.

At his best Walcott scores in big games.

Again, at their best.
    At their best

We've seen Walcott at his best. It took 7 seasons for him to reach his best. We haven't seen Sterling at his best. But ya, Walcott at his best was great at his best and at his best is better than Sterling at his best. Probably because, at his best, Sterling has only played two seasons.

In all seriousness though its too simplistic to judge players at different points of their career to each of their "best" seasons or spells, especially one thats played 8 years in the EPL and one thats played 2 and a half.

Currently I'd have Sterling over Walcott every single game, no slight on Walcott btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

We've seen Walcott at his best. It took 7 seasons for him to reach his best. We haven't seen Sterling at his best. But ya, Walcott at his best was great at his best and at his best is better than Sterling at his best. Probably because, at his best, Sterling has only played two seasons.

In all seriousness though its too simplistic to judge players at different points of their career to each of their "best" seasons or spells, especially one thats played 8 years in the EPL and one thats played 2 and a half.

Currently I'd have Sterling over Walcott every single game, no slight on Walcott btw.

Well currently Walcott is injured so you'd be better off with Sterling.

Also from reading your post you make it sound like Wacott has peaked but Sterling has so much more to come. It could be just as easily true that neither is the case. To claim anything more is just speculation.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Well currently Walcott is injured so you'd be better off with Sterling.

Also from reading your post you make it sound like Wacott has peaked but Sterling has so much more to come. It could be just as easily true that neither is the case. To claim anything more is just speculation.

Absolutely, what you say is perfectly reasonable. When expressing an opinion on how a player could develop all we have to go on, by and large, is speculation of course.

I would love to see Walcott with a few more injury free seasons. As i said previously i think he's a great player. The fact that Sterling can be compared to him is a testament to how big a talent Sterling can be, if he improves on his impressive form at a young age like Walcott did, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

2-2 draw today. Disaster of a thread again. Can only see Sterling replicating the form of last two games and finishing a la Bournemouth. Created a lot of chances against United and we Arsenal fans in some cases overlooking this.

I expect Arsenal to score on the basis of form and the Liverpool issues at the back.

Markovic and Sterling v Giroud and Welbeck.

Back to two bald men fighting over a comb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I missed the last game due to being called into work. I will miss this game due to being called into work, hopefully it results in a similar result as the last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I missed the last game due to being called into work. I will miss this game due to being called into work, hopefully it results in a similar result as the last game.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26106019

This one? If you insist.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

I think Liverpool should be more concerned with the power of Giroud over the pace of Welbeck. Liverpool's defence has the physicality of a few small puppies.

Sanchez, well he could easily go to town today.

It going to be horrible in here this evening after Arsenal win, I might take a few days off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

It going to be horrible in here this evening after Arsenal win, I might take a few days off.

I think people on both sides feel the same. Ud say something if it was a top 2 title decider but alas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

16 pages of waffle before the games even started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    16 pages of waffle before the games even started!

Rookie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Today is just another episode in the race for Top 4 unfortunately.
    Nothing more, nothing less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Came in here to discuss todays match, but i havent seen such a petty bickering , my cocks bigger than yours thread in a long time,so i couldnt be arsed now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

It's more a my cock is less small than yours thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I like these kind of games where there's something in every outcome that will make me happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Even the utd Liverpool thread went well. What is up with ye?

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Came in here to discuss todays match, but i havent seen such a petty bickering , my cocks bigger than yours thread in a long time,so i couldnt be arsed now

The beauty of free will in action.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Charlie Austin, proving that championship strikers can cut it in the PL. Jordan Rhodes is one of the most prolific at that level. I'd take a punt on him at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Bout yer level alright

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Bout yer level alright

Says the team who have a Man Utd reject.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Says the team who have a Man Utd reject.

Why did you bother posting in this thread about Jordan Rhodes?

Was it to get the exact reaction you did, and thus bring up Welbeck again?

Sad.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement