Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool VS Arsenal Sunday(16.00 ko) Anfield - Mod Note Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Rookie.

Just saying I've seen arsenal match day threads being made 10-15 mins into a game it's not often we have as much shíte talk before a match, we usually save it for after! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Just saying I've seen arsenal match day threads being made 10-15 mins into a game it's not often we have as much shíte talk before a match, we usually save it for after! :pac:

I think he means change to 40 posts a page, only 6 pages for the rest of us!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Says the team who have a Man Utd reject.

Liverpools best striker is a city and Chelsea reject

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Probably Liverpools biggest game of the season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Depressing how things have become supporters of 2 of England's 3 greatest football clubs in terms of success, support, longevity and adversity.

Can we focus on the game. In the spirit of it here's a quote from a giant of English football in terms of his legacy despite some current issues...Arsene Wenger..

Yes, of course," he said. "There’s a special atmosphere.

"I have a lot of respect for the crowd at Liverpool because they stand behind their team. I remember one day we were leading 5-1 at Liverpool and they were chanting ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’. It’s one of the few grounds in the world where you can see that. There’s a special combination of knowledge of the game at Liverpool and support for their team. I have a huge respect for that."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Charlie Austin, proving that championship strikers can cut it in the PL. Jordan Rhodes is one of the most prolific at that level. I'd take a punt on him at Liverpool.

Flash in the pan striker. Fits Liverpool alright .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Depressing how things have become supporters of 2 of England's 3 greatest football clubs in terms of success, support, longevity and adversity.

Can we focus on the game. In the spirit of it here's a quote from a giant of English football in terms of his legacy despite some current issues...Arsene Wenger..

"I have a lot of respect for the crowd at Liverpool because they stand behind their team. I remember one day we were leading 5-1 at Liverpool and they were chanting ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’. It’s one of the few grounds in the world where you can see that. There’s a special combination of knowledge of the game at Liverpool and support for their team. I have a huge respect for that."

Meh..... :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Why did you bother posting in this thread about Jordan Rhodes?

Was it to get the exact reaction you did, and thus bring up Welbeck again?

Sad.

Because this is a match where we need a striker. So he would be useful.

And what do you mean bring up welbeck again? I have never ever once mentioned Welbeck.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Liverpools best striker is a city and Chelsea reject

Sturridge was a young player who was never given a chance. Welbeck played enough games and wasn't good enough, just like the manager said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

NukaCola wrote: »
    We've seen Walcott at his best. It took 7 seasons for him to reach his best. We haven't seen Sterling at his best. But ya, Walcott at his best was great at his best and at his best is better than Sterling at his best. Probably because, at his best, Sterling has only played two seasons.

In all seriousness though its too simplistic to judge players at different points of their career to each of their "best" seasons or spells, especially one thats played 8 years in the EPL and one thats played 2 and a half.

Currently I'd have Sterling over Walcott every single game, no slight on Walcott btw.

George Best?

Sturridge was a young player who was never given a chance. Welbeck played enough games and wasn't good enough, just like the manager said.

Welbeck was usually played on the left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

I'm not up for confrontation but that is completely inaccurate. Where did Welbeck play a lot of those games?? And when played in his best position under Moyes for5/6 games in a row he did very well. Fact.

Welbeck was usually played on the left

Van Gaal said he wasn't good enough, he's being played as a striker for Arsenal and still not scoring. So...to put it midly..he is not good enough, where as Sturridge was played on the right and not given a chance..he moved and scores goals for fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

If liverpool start with sterling up top with maybe coutinho, lallana and markovic behind him i think we might have a chance, we need to go at arsenal with plenty pace, just like they will us, as obvious as it sounds i think its gonna come down to what defense holds out best, and you have gotta go with arsenal on that, the fact liverpool dont have a keeper certainly doesnt help either, i think both teams will concede so i think im gonna say pool will just about get a draw here, hopw we win of course but trying to be realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Both sets of fans wouldn't bother hiring an airplane to vent their anger that's for sure.

• Advertisement

• Danny the Sleeper agent.....activate...for ****s n giggles of course
    A draw would be the most suitable result here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Danny the Sleeper agent.....activate...for ****s n giggles of course

Especially after yesterday.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Danny the Sleeper agent.....activate...for ****s n giggles of course

A Liverpool win would be better for you though, help you cement third IMO.

A Liverpool win would be better for you though, help you cement third IMO.

Would Definetely prefer a Liverpool win after yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The bickering is insane.

It because of the chips on shoulders really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Leaked so not sure if true...

B5YTzyuCUAE4vsk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Welbez is the tits. Great player to have in the team anybody who says otherwise is just arguing for the sake it.

Toure cant have much pace in those legs surely? Alexis to rip it up.

niallo27 wrote: »
    There is a reason why utd fans were taking the piss when arsenal signed him you do know.

I think you are confusing Welbeck with Silvestre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Toure cant have much pace in those legs surely? Alexis to rip it up.

Thats what ronaldo thought too:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Would Definetely prefer a Liverpool win after yesterday.

My least favoured of the three possible results, but that's my heart over ruling my head.

adox wrote: »
    My least favoured of the three possible results, but that's my heart over ruling my head.

I would prefer arsenal to not pick up any points after utd drawing yesterday. Liverpool are too far back.

Although I love seeing Liverpool lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

One positive of Orange's thread being so bad...the usual posters hijacking it won't make it any worse.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 2m2 minutes ago
    Confirmed #LFC starting line-up v @Arsenal: Jones, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Lucas, Henderson, Markovic, Coutinho, Gerrard, Lallana, Sterling

Bench
    B5YzvqECQAEPAu4.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Happy with that line up, plenty of pace and creativity, would have liked to see Can brought in though

• Advertisement

Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball 2m2 minutes ago
    #AFC Xi vs #LFC: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Chambers, Gibbs, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Alexis, Giroud, Welbeck #SkyFootball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

No sign of The Welsh Xavi anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Honestly cannot understand why Jones is starting ahead of Mignolet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Honestly cannot understand why Jones is starting ahead of Mignolet.

Politics from Rodgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Happy with Arsenal's starting XI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

efb wrote: »
    Happy with Arsenal's starting XI

Mert and chambers in the centre :o could be trouble. Though we should win midfield easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Blatter wrote: »
    Politics from Rodgers.

Or Mignolet has been awful. I'd still start him but he's been shocking. If playing Jones is what it takes to get a new keeper then so be it. Long term benefit for short term loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Mert and chambers in the centre :o could be trouble. Though we should win midfield easily.

Canal+ have Debuchy at CB and Chammbers at RB...hope they're right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

there will be goals a plenty in this one

• Advertisement

I hope Alan Smith isn't the co-commentator on this game, but he probably will be. I can't stand the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

5starpool wrote: »
    I hope Alan Smith isn't the co-commentator on this game, but he probably will be. I can't stand the man.

Well with all the ex Pool players in the studio, they need to balance it out a bit.

Better that Quinn, Owen Neville as co commentator

Could be Neville no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

3 full backs on the bench. Nice.

Neville would be the best of that fairly bad lot. Alan Smith though has that horrible miserable Brummie accent that just really irritates me, not that Nevilles Manc drone is pleasant either, but it's less bad.

• Advertisement

Neville would be the best of that fairly bad lot. Alan Smith though has that horrible miserable Brummie accent that just really irritates me, not that Nevilles Manc drone is pleasant either, but it's less bad.

Smith sounds like he has a marble stuck in his throat.

Neville won't shut up tho

Arsenal will definitely score today, I'd be amazed if they don't. I'm not that confident about Liverpool scoring though sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Draw, 2-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

All names mentioned are a breath of fresh air when compared to the personification of pure misery, Mark Lawrenson.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement