Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMRA season 2015

Options
13»

Comments

Carrauntoohil East this weekend.

Fitting that our highest peak has a second race on the calendar, the East side being a very different challenge. But then again, I'm biased in favour of more IMRA runs being held here in Kerry, no shortage of mountains!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

I was thinking of doing a recce of Powerscourt Ridge this weekend, to see if I could manage the IMRA race on Nov 3. Is it still this course: IMRA Powerscourt Ridge race 2009?

I’m reliant on public transport. So, I was wondering if there is a walkable shortcut from Enniskerry to Crone Woods Car Park, possibly following the Dargle through Charleville Demesne?? The Dublin/North Wicklow Mountains map suggests it might be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

The world champion Irish mountain runner you’ve never heard of
    http://the42.ie/2197494

Good article about John lehnihan above
    One of the most under rated Irish sportsperson but, anyone else a bit disappointed with the book?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Sacksian wrote: »
    I was thinking of doing a recce of Powerscourt Ridge this weekend, to see if I could manage the IMRA race on Nov 3. Is it still this course: IMRA Powerscourt Ridge race 2009?

I’m reliant on public transport. So, I was wondering if there is a walkable shortcut from Enniskerry to Crone Woods Car Park, possibly following the Dargle through Charleville Demesne?? The Dublin/North Wicklow Mountains map suggests it might be possible.

Route tends to be the same year on year. Can't say I know a walking shortcut I'm afraid though to Crone lest you do an easy jog from Curtlestown along Wicklow way, the bus terminus won't be too far from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Great run by Ian Conroy for 24th place in the World Mountain Running Champs, on the 21st September.

The television broadcast of the World Mountain Running Champs from Wales will be on 3rd October at 07.05 on Channel 4. It'll be available on 4OD afterwards and available on YouTube 2 weeks later for those wishing to watch outside of the UK.

It'll also be available to watch on Sky Sports 3 on the 27/28th October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Looking forward to Saturday's Dublin Peaks. I was recceing parts of it last night. Needless to say I had a blast. Being Monday evening I had it all for myself. Lucky I brought my headlight too. It was dark in the woods... :D

Here's proof I made it to Glendoo:

TShGFWRvdG0W1AfK18yxHXzfwzpmRE-mU5tsdCdV1PXK6COhYqWFf3LyUfC8SpEPNPGnK4Rok0T_aASrSjWrUQmaPc47A7F-9xVcBE3cmcP81Utpkx7r-_DT_4MIN34GojrIPhNXv327S0kJ4CP9Lc8AGD-_79iswZC1qz7MCyHSJzPSCiqjK6gz1LUMrpt9_fSP7HyZx74DJAH-S3KFavvnFC_et3VFUFzhI6hFJQnX_XGD12Q4Lk0L5EJbTByVhFnV4BivibAXjD2i-jHQkVxIZROQiSZmok1WydAbM4XPyHW-Spbz7H3VkStEYgUSgRYwxu8D6HmdF9-w4CPzlu889ucAvT85McsIKZZ6mHET27U4_e7OAej2rfOvnO-_p1gnzXOu05BFFu1exW4Sx5wh81j9wwu6voXKQvHwnfDCc5mQXwQ1cVCTiqBabyXntt7ek2QT0FQqwC1ZCy5SvhFGfU1T5NNhEaqh6liAGKHaSF9rTnmYvl3kJc9NRwKLA6WOAF0PHSnxsNQP6fWon0KrLDPkGhXVIMH0KOWGs7A=w387-h687-no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

demfad wrote: »
    Great run by Ian Conroy for 24th place in the World Mountain Running Champs, on the 21st September.

The television broadcast of the World Mountain Running Champs from Wales will be on 3rd October at 07.05 on Channel 4. It'll be available on 4OD afterwards and available on YouTube 2 weeks later for those wishing to watch outside of the UK.

It'll also be available to watch on Sky Sports 3 on the 27/28th October.
    This made for great viewing. Ugandan runners just took over after lap 1 in the ladies and men's. Great to see all the Irish representatives out there.

Not IMRA, but guess it might be of interest to IMRA runners.

Did the Mournes Skyline last Saturday. It was brutally tough, 6 hours, the last 2 hours were a blur of pain as back seized, one leg cramped, and managed to lose gloves out of backpack so fingers numb and simple things like opening food became impossible. And the going was torture, thought the ascending would be the issue but running downhill was lethal on slick grass, lots of gashed legs and bloodied knees.

But it was an incredible event, great organisation, loads of volunteers out manning checkpoints on cold wet summits, tv cameras following the run, some of the best mountain and trail runners on these islands giving it their all...not that I was elbow to elbow with them mind you! It was the best event I've ever entered. Afterwards was thinking never again...but now the legs are moving again I'm wondering how I might shave a few minutes off next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭paulocon2

Not IMRA, but guess it might be of interest to IMRA runners.

Did the Mournes Skyline last Saturday. It was brutally tough, 6 hours, the last 2 hours were a blur of pain as back seized, one leg cramped, and managed to lose gloves out of backpack so fingers numb and simple things like opening food became impossible. And the going was torture, thought the ascending would be the issue but running downhill was lethal on slick grass, lots of gashed legs and bloodied knees.

But it was an incredible event, great organisation, loads of volunteers out manning checkpoints on cold wet summits, tv cameras following the run, some of the best mountain and trail runners on these islands giving it their all...not that I was elbow to elbow with them mind you! It was the best event I've ever entered. Afterwards was thinking never again...but now the legs are moving again I'm wondering how I might shave a few minutes off next year!

Sounds great Conor. Dropped the ball as regards fitness this year but maybe one to look at for next year. What was the route?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

• Advertisement

paulocon2 wrote: »
    Sounds great Conor. Dropped the ball as regards fitness this year but maybe one to look at for next year. What was the route?

First half was a delight, just over tops of Bearnagh and Meelmore, and a nice if slippy run down to Fofanny Dam. The return was savage, taking in both of those again...plus Meelbeg, Commedagh and of course Donard at the end.

http://www.mourneskylinemtr.com/Scanned%20coloured%20map.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

Lets hope this nice weather can stretch to the AGM race this Saturday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

Should have kept my mouth shut! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Yes but the race is not on now, will be much better later :)

Advertisement