Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc analogue tv

Options
  • 19-12-2014 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi guys,
    im new here;
    so far i've had 17 analogue tv channels (for free) with my bb/tel connection. technicians came out the other day from upc to figure out what was wrong with my modem. while at it they changed the splitter in the wall box and the plugs on the cable, running to the tv. now i cannot watch any of the 17 channels cos theres no signal (did the analogue search on the tv, no channels were found). do you think they had the ability to block the signal?
    at upc they told me that they dont sell analogue any more and unfortunately i cant afford digital... any ideas are gonna be much appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

We're not going to help you gain illegal access to services.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bob82

Just get a two way splitter f to f lead and an fm lead to plug into back of tv.you can divide the signal giving u analogue service

Spear wrote: »

Its not illegal to split a tv signal

Spear wrote: »

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

bob82 wrote: »

It is illegal to gain unauthorised access to services, and you yourself said that UPC don't sell access to their old analogue service currently.

And as such this is being closed in addition to being off-topic to begin with.

Ask UPC what their opinion is instead:

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement