If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Sales, big saving??

Options
  • 19-12-2014 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering what the January sales are like in Richer Sounds, will there be much of a saving waiting untill January sales and takin a trip up north? I am looking for a new receiver (2hdmi out......any recomendations welcome), centre, 2 floor standing and maybe a sub for now. 

Would it be worth the trip, if so on what day and what kind of savings would I be looking at?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi,

Just wondering what the January sales are like in Richer Sounds, will there be much of a saving waiting untill January sales and takin a trip up north? I am looking for a new receiver (2hdmi out......any recomendations welcome), centre, 2 floor standing and maybe a sub for now. 

Would it be worth the trip, if so on what day and what kind of savings would I be looking at?
    Howyegetting on1,

thanks for the post - we don't announce our sale lines until the evening of the 23rd or early on the 24th December but we do have a good few AV receivers, especially at the top end, which will be reduced ( there are some really good Boxing day / Stephens' day discounts!)

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

Hi,

Howyegetting on1,

thanks for the post - we don't announce our sale lines until the evening of the 23rd or early on the 24th December but we do have a good few AV receivers, especially at the top end, which will be reduced ( there are some really good Boxing day / Stephens' day discounts!)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John, will all the Boxing day / Stephens' day discounts be up by 24th evening on the Website? Or is there any additional deals in store?

Hi,

Howyegetting on1,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John, will all the Boxing day / Stephens' day discounts be up by 24th evening on the Website? Or is there any additional deals in store?
    There will be some in-store deals but the majority of specials will be up on the www.richersounds.ie site, hopefully late on the 23rd...

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

will be wearing out the "refresh"button so......my onkyo seems to be on the way out :(

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

MrTrebus wrote: »
    will be wearing out the "refresh"button so......my onkyo seems to be on the way out :(
    Hi MrTrebus.

You never know.... Keep your eye out and let us know if there is anything that catches it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

May sound like a silly question but will the items on sale be available to buy online? Thanks

Bif wrote: »
    May sound like a silly question but will the items on sale be available to buy online? Thanks
    Ho Bif,

thanks for the post - some of the deals will be available, but as we will post most of the offers between the 24th / 25th but don't open until the 26th some of them will initially be in-store only to ensure that Customers who queue up are guaranteed a fair chance of getting what they are after,

ATVB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Spinone

Any signs ???

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Pepsie

Refresh button worn out & bust - Any news on 40" Sat. TVs at great SALE prices? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

The full list appears to be up on the UK site http://www.richersounds.com/information/sale-deals

Disappointing sales on the tv front to be honest, i'd hoped to give RS the business but went with Power City instead. Ah well there's prob more of interest there on the hifi front. Merry Xmas all :)

• Advertisement

Bluehair wrote: »
    The full list appears to be up on the UK site http://www.richersounds.com/information/sale-deals

Disappointing sales on the tv front to be honest, i'd hoped to give RS the business but went with Power City instead. Ah well there's prob more of interest there on the hifi front. Merry Xmas all :)
    Hi Bluehair.

Sorry to hear that you felt our Sale pricing on our TV's was not strong enough.
    Our pricing changed 3 or 4 times over Christmas Day and even already today we have had price drops.

If you don't mind me asking what screen you ended up going for and at what price you got it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 CiaranS

Hi guys. I fancy the Panasonic SCHTE80EB wireless black sound base. Amazon have it for 149 with free delivery. What can you do it for please delivered to Dublin. Thanks. Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

CiaranS wrote: »
    Hi guys. I fancy the Panasonic SCHTE80EB wireless black sound base. Amazon have it for 149 with free delivery. What can you do it for please delivered to Dublin. Thanks. Ciaran
    Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Archeotech

Hi there, I'm interested in the LG 55LB561V

How much can you do it for including delivery to Dublin?

Thanks!

Hi Bluehair.

Sorry to hear that you felt our Sale pricing on our TV's was not strong enough.
    Our pricing changed 3 or 4 times over Christmas Day and even already today we have had price drops.

If you don't mind me asking what screen you ended up going for and at what price you got it for?
    No worries at all, genuinely sorry not to give the business to RS, got the Samsung UE48H5500 (which you don't have in stock) in PowerCity for €599. Best you appeared to have was the UE48H6400 for £549 but no discount at all in the sales and i'm not bothered about 3D tbh. (edit i note you've dropped the latter £20 since this morning but it's still more expensive than PowerCity at €640 for the UE48H6400). All told just wasn't worth the drive all the way to Belfast for me.

Blue,

thanks a million for thinking of us - to be fair our 48H6400 does include a 5 year warranty  in the €689 price - but also to be fair to PC the €639 price is excellent!

Thanks again and hopefully we can tempt you the next time!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

No doubt ye will :) The five year warranty is usually a great deal when ye are price competitive just in this case between the diesel and the extra €50 it wasn't worth it. As you say... next time...

No doubt ye will :) The five year warranty is usually a great deal when ye are price competitive just in this case between the diesel and the extra €50 it wasn't worth it. As you say... next time...
    Hey Bluehair.

No problem at all.

If you ever need anything just drop us a post.

Hey Bluehair.

No problem at all.

If you ever need anything just drop us a post.
    What about the sound plinth on the first page?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

Hi Hootanany,

It's not clear from you post if you are looking for a quote/further information about a sound plinth in the RS Sale - could you give the name of the item and the query to give the RS guys more info to answer your query ?

On the off-chance that your post relates to the RS response to Bluehair's query (possibility, on the basis that you've quoted some of it in your own post), please take note of the Charter which asks posters not to get involved in other posters queries with RS:

As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Advertisement

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment:

Hi Hootanany,

It's not clear from you post if you are looking for a quote/further information about a sound plinth in the RS Sale - could you give the name of the item and the query to give the RS guys more info to answer your query ?

On the off-chance that your post relates to the RS response to Bluehair's query (possibility, on the basis that you've quoted some of it in your own post), please take note of the Charter which asks posters not to get involved in other posters queries with RS:

As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

Cheers,

Ritz.
    Sorry i did not mean to quote that,I was on my phone when posting that it related to another op asking about a sound plinth on the first page.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

Cheers Hootanany :-) thought something had gone astray there !

Folks, I'm closing this thread to avoid  further confusion, if you want to ask for details on something in th RS Sale, just open a new thread with your query.

Ritz

This discussion has been closed.