Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marathon des Escargots (full/half/10k ) July 11th 2015 Portarlington

Options
  • 19-12-2014 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Firstly here are links to our 2014 events

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057127518

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057250116

In 2014 Up & Over raised €10,000 for charity through holding two events in Portarlington, Co Laois. We are back for 2015 with our full, half and 10k on July 11th.

We will be raising funds for Irish Autism Action & Aiobheann's Pink Tie.

There is a limit of 600 entries for this event and this will be the combined number with all three distances.

On the day all runners will get a unique medal which we are designing ourselves and getting it produced ourselves to cut out the middle man and raise more profits for our charities.

All runners who register before July 2nd will also get a tech t shirt which can be collected on race day.

We had a little problem with registration at our November event so we plan to post out all numbers in advance. Its only through runners feedback that we can and hope to improve.

We have an early bird offer until the end of Jan and this is an ideal present for Christmas or a good way to set that new year goal !

The link to entry is below and we'd ask you to please let others know about our event as its all for charity and nothing goes into the pocket of race directors or private companies.

Any questions you can pop them here and i'll answer as best i can.

https://precisiontiming.primo-solutions.co.uk/ps/event/MarathondesEscargots2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Just a reminder that the early bird price will cease at the end of the month !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Was trying to sign up there but when I get to the payment page it just refreshes it and highlighting the name section as if I haven't entered it. Continues to do it. Trying on my phone so will give it a go on the laptop later and let you know if that works.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Was trying to sign up there but when I get to the payment page it just refreshes it and highlighting the name section as if I haven't entered it. Continues to do it. Trying on my phone so will give it a go on the laptop later and let you know if that works.

There seems to be a problem on mobile devices, precision are aware of it and are working on it. The problem first arose in November.

I'll have the event open soon on active as well so if you have no luck you can enter there ?

Precision timing have been working on their entry system after problems with entry on mobile and tablet devices.

So below you'll find a new link to entry. Remember the early bird entry closes at the end of Jan !

http://registration.precisiontiming.co.uk/events/preview?id=51&EventNAme=Marathon_des_Escargots_2015

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Cheers. Might do this as it will fit nicely in my plan for Berlin. Just curious, where did the name come from? C'est different...

• Advertisement

ciaranmac wrote: »
    Cheers. Might do this as it will fit nicely in my plan for Berlin. Just curious, where did the name come from? C'est different...

There is French festival in Portarlington every year and we have our event on the same weekend. As part of the festival there's a snail eating competition.........thus the name.

Marathon of Snails !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

There is French festival in Portarlington every year and we have our event on the same weekend. As part of the festival there's a snail eating competition.........thus the name.

Marathon of Snails !
    I thought it was because so many mci ran in it...joking..I swear

ultraman1 wrote: »
    I thought it was because so many mci ran in it...joking..I swear

:D

I couldn't comment !

Offer code "Support15" €5 off entry until Feb 15th:cool:

Entry is ticking along nicely.

We have a limit of 600 on the event so when we hit that it will close. There will be no more entries allowed online or on the day.

I hope to have a pic of this years medal later this week !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Entry is ticking along nicely.

We have a limit of 600 on the event so when we hit that it will close. There will be no more entries allowed online or on the day.

What sort of numbers are left, I'm trying to persuade a friend of mine to enter so could use this as a stick to beat him with :)

opus wrote: »
    What sort of numbers are left, I'm trying to persuade a friend of mine to enter so could use this as a stick to beat him with :)

I expect it to be sold out mid June, we are ahead of where we were this time last year !

Just to let you know we'll be having a give away on our FB next week that Man Utd fans will like...............

Just to let you know we'll be having a give away on our FB next week that Man Utd fans will like...............

Just to let you know everyone who signs up the end of May has a chance to win a t shirt signed by Paul Scholes !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭unirunner2

Just wondering will their be pacers in the half, ye had 90min pacers in novembe

ta

unirunner2 wrote: »
    Just wondering will their be pacers in the half, ye had 90min pacers in novembe

ta

Ya there will be, we are justing planning them at the moment. The plan is for 1:30, 1:40, 1:50 and 2hrs !

Just a reminder that you need to sign up by the end of May to be in with a change to win a signed Paul Scholes t shirt !!

Just an update.

Anyone who enteres before June 30th will get a t shirt and have thier number posted out in advance.

Any entry after that won't get a t shirt and will have to collect their number on the morning of the event.

Times have been changed

Full - 09:30
    10k - 09:45
    Half - 11:15

Their might be limited entry on the day but we can't gurantee this.

Any questions just post them here or pop me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Auntie Matter

Times have been changed

Full - 09:30
    10k - 09:45
    Half - 11:15

How come the 10K is starting so early? I'm getting a train down from Dublin and the most convenient train gets into Port at 9.26. I'd better pray it doesn't get delayed! I could get the earlier train but then I'll be hanging around for ages before the start.

How come the 10K is starting so early? I'm getting a train down from Dublin and the most convenient train gets into Port at 9.26. I'd better pray it doesn't get delayed! I could get the earlier train but then I'll be hanging around for ages before the start.

The reason is runners management, the course manager has said this is how we have to do it with other runners on the course.

The start line is 1 min from the train station so you'll be fine as you'll have your number in advance and you can collect your t shirt after the event if needs be.

• Advertisement

The reason is runners management, the course manager has said this is how we have to do it with other runners on the course.

The start line is 1 min from the train station so you'll be fine as you'll have your number in advance and you can collect your t shirt after the event if needs be.

Ah well, if that's how it has to be then fair enough. I was at the back of the 10K last year and was glad of the company of the half-marathon runners towards the end, but if there are safety issues, then that's the most important thing.

Looking forward to another friendly and well-organised race and also to knocking a few minutes off last year's time!

Ah well, if that's how it has to be then fair enough. I was at the back of the 10K last year and was glad of the company of the half-marathon runners towards the end, but if there are safety issues, then that's the most important thing.

Looking forward to another friendly and well-organised race and also to knocking a few minutes off last year's time!
    #

The course is lovely and flat and ideal for a PB, the half course even more !

#

The course is lovely and flat and ideal for a PB, the half course even more !

Here's hoping all goes well for me in the 10K. I'll give the half a miss til I get a bit faster...I don't like being the last finisher and that would definitely be the case if I did the half in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Somewhat off topic but will you be running the Off the Laois half in November again this year? I'm looking for a target race around that time.

Sandwell wrote: »
    Somewhat off topic but will you be running the Off the Laois half in November again this year? I'm looking for a target race around that time.

yes we will be

Only 6 days left to register and guarantee a t shirt ! Entry with a t shirt closed at midnight on June 30 !!

Entry with a t shirt closes at midnight, last chance to get in and get a t shirt !!

http://registration.precisiontiming.net/events/preview?id=51&EventNAme=Marathon_des_Escargots_2015_Full/Half/10k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Entered this afternoon. Is there much places left Claude? I know a fella who is just back from injury and is humming and hawwing about chancing it.

Entered this afternoon. Is there much places left Claude? I know a fella who is just back from injury and is humming and hawwing about chancing it.

Ya he'll be grand, there's a lot on that day so numbers are down on 2014 but still a good crowd !

Prices from tomorrow will be

full - 50
    half - 28
    10k - 20

• Advertisement

July a reminder that you can still enter online until midnight on July 9th, after that you will only be able to register on the day at these prices.

Full - 55
    Half - 30
    10k - 20

PS the online price for the 10k should be 18 until the 9th.

Advertisement