Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Year Biking Resolutions 2015.

• 19-12-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Well another year almost over and looking towards 2015, what is your New Year biking resolutions?

My major one last year was to travel Europe which I did with bells on so looking forward to building on that. This year I would like to do Wales and Scotland so fingers crossed.

Also I want to improve all round on the bike and be a better safer rider......

So what do you want from the New Year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

get my rospa, make the step from controller to rider for blood bikes west, get to misano for motogp, get to donnington again with the auld lad for the classic bike festival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Build a 50's style bobber with a Triumph Hinckley engine & gearbox I've had sitting in the corner of the garage for the last 3 years.

Something along the lines of this to ride to Faro next July...

Triumph-T120-Bonneville-MotorVisionen-6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Don't kill anymore birds! Four so far this year; 2 kamikaze birds straight to the helmet, 1 got sucked in the air intake at the front of the blackbird and the other just exploded upon impact!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Master my slow riding and urban traffic obs. I'm getting a bit casual with the observations, need to stop developing bad habits!
    Get my test.
    Travel Europe with camping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Ride in at least two more continents!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Take my Speed Triple to the Alps, long long over due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Get out and ride, then pass my test (hopefully).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

carry on hating cyclists....oh no he didnt...:eek::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I think travelling is a big one for alot of people......never wanted to do it in a car but I sooooo want to do more on the bike this year coming. I would love to get to the Stelvio Pass, but its a bit of a push this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 FarmersSon

Tour of the West and South of Ireland, tour of the Highlands of Scotland, use the bike more for errands into town and leave the motor at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Do the test is my main one, want to go on a trip too, been looking at the uk as it'll be my first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I am sure that 2015 will bring all sorts of good things.
    X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

At home - Do the wild Atlantic way
    Abroad - French Alps. Driven there many times in campervan and always wished I'd had the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

apply for the test, pass the test, do the trackday training in mondello, get to a round of the moto gp, possibly purchase an upgrade. that's all I can think of now. maybe go to a few more road races - went to faugheen earlier this year and enjoyed it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Build a 50's style bobber with a Triumph Hinckley engine & gearbox I've had sitting in the corner of the garage for the last 3 years.

Something along the lines of this to ride to Faro next July...

Triumph-T120-Bonneville-MotorVisionen-6.jpg

That's awful. Certainly not a bobber, way too raked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Do the test (like half the lads on here it loos like!), develop the skills, stop letting a bit of rain put me off, and maybe go on a few wee weekend trips.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Do the test (like half the lads on here it loos like!), develop the skills, stop letting a bit of rain put me off, and maybe go on a few wee weekend trips.

Fair play, at least you are honest with yourself to admit that rain makes you nervous. Id be the exact same only for I had a baptism of fire on the IBT, 2 days of hard hard rain.

Then going to the road races up north leaving at all hours in the pissing rain early in my beginner years after 2 or 3 times it does not bother me in the least.

BUT...

You do need the right gear or its miserable.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Fair play, at least you are honest with yourself to admit that rain makes you nervous. Id be the exact same only for I had a baptism of fire on the IBT, 2 days of hard hard rain.

Then going to the road races up north leaving at all hours in the pissing rain early in my beginner years after 2 or 3 times it does not bother me in the least.

BUT...

You do need the right gear or its miserable.

Got my first bike with brand new tires so was told to take it handy until thy were scrubbed in, never quite got over the taking it handy part :-) Learning the limits of the machine is what I'm working on. If there were such a thing as a 'skid bike' to learn on I'd be laughing!

No interest in track days either, even though I now live 2 minutes down the road from mondello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Also I want to improve all round on the bike and be a better safer rider......

So what do you want from the New Year?

Straight up, THIS!.

As some of you might recall I posted on this forum about a number of my friends being killed in the last 18 months, the last one really shook me.

I've went from always wearing an open faced helmet to a full faced, I've more of less stopped the wheelies (ok I'm tempted on occasion) and have REALLY cut back on my speed.

So this, a safer 2015.

roadsmart wrote: »
    That's awful. Certainly not a bobber, way too raked out.
    Agree on the rake, I have a set of 2" over springers lurking a while & an old peanut tank off an Ironhead Sportster, a Franken-bobber if you will :pac:

Something more along these lines...

tb4_7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Make it to a boards sunday spin. Last year there was a big one during the summer, definitely going to make it to this years.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Make it to a boards sunday spin. Last year there was a big one during the summer, definitely going to make it to this years.

*mental note to self move spin to the winter

Straight up, THIS!.

As some of you might recall I posted on this forum about a number of my friends being killed in the last 18 months, the last one really shook me.

I've went from always wearing an open faced helmet to a full faced, I've more of less stopped the wheelies (ok I'm tempted on occasion) and have REALLY cut back on my speed.

So this, a safer 2015.
    Sorry for the loss of your friends.

I too have lost many friends to motorcycles & it really rattles you I have to agree.

I still wear an open face helmet but have recently purchased a Biltwell Gringo full face lid.

I've stopped attending rallies as I can no longer justify the ride home, hungover & tired & at 50 I feel I'm just getting to old for dogging it these days :o:(

Here's to a safer 2015 for all of us (Jaysus, maybe I am getting sense in the auld age :pac::pac::pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Lyndsey3000

my plan is to improve on the bike, pass my full test and get myself a nice sports bike! :) can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

With the weather that we are having today, I am looking forward to next year.

P.C. wrote: »
    With the weather that we are having today, I am looking forward to next year.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow! Supposed to be bright and not windy.

DubVelo wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to tomorrow! Supposed to be bright and not windy.

Aye, decent riding weather if a bit cold on xmas eve/day, then it's to cool down a bit. Going to try to make it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ninja_Spirit

First things first, sell my bike, buy a Gixxer 600, Pass my Full test, Do Mondello Track Training day, do first track day and hopefully a few more and maybe even a Hillclimb or two. Also would like to make it to the IOM TT, Scotland, France and Portugal. 2015 is gonna be an epic year. Excited already :D Yeah Bring on the Sunday Spins ;) - Would be nice if they were more central - not just based in/around Dublin.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Aye, decent riding weather if a bit cold on xmas eve/day, then it's to cool down a bit. Going to try to make it out.

Passed a good few lads out around making the best of it. Good to see! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Roads were fairly dry too.

Advertisement