Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Year Biking Resolutions 2015.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

First things first, sell my bike, buy a Gixxer 600, Pass my Full test, Do Mondello Track Training day, do first track day and hopefully a few more and maybe even a Hillclimb or two. Also would like to make it to the IOM TT, Scotland, France and Portugal. 2015 is gonna be an epic year. Excited already :D Yeah Bring on the Sunday Spins ;) - Would be nice if they were more central - not just based in/around Dublin.

Sunday Spins are never in Dublin, I have yet to go to Dublin on a Sunday Spin TBH.

They are very central and take in Mullingar, Delvin, Trim, Kildare, Athy, Carlow not to mention Ardee, Drogheda, Portlaoise and all other surrounding areas. Really depends on the people attending mate. So never really go near Dublin....we stick to good bike roads so maybe thats why.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

the usual for me, try to get out more than the year before, failed this year due to other stuff taking priority and lack of free time

Fingers crossed this year will be different!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ninja_Spirit

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sunday Spins are never in Dublin, I have yet to go to Dublin on a Sunday Spin TBH.

They are very central and take in Mullingar, Delvin, Trim, Kildare, Athy, Carlow not to mention Ardee, Drogheda, Portlaoise and all other surrounding areas. Really depends on the people attending mate. So never really go near Dublin....we stick to good bike roads so maybe thats why.

Cool stuff, I could show ye some great roads and passes down here in Kerry. Will have to organise a trip down south sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Main plan is to get back on a bike after slightly more than 2 years off. Mad to get back to it.

Unfortunately though it depends on the car. If it (miraculously) passes the NCT I'll look into complimenting it with a bike, but if it doesn't I might have to replace it and put getting a bike on the back burner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Just do more miles for me.

Did a run on the Blood Bike today - got drowned. And I had 3 layers on. Warmer on the bike than off. Have gutted the helmet to dry the internals now. ..

Would like to try a track day in 2015.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

So worth having the right gear, been out in rain for hours but never had to gut a helmet TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

galwaytt wrote: »

Did a run on the Blood Bike today - got drowned. And I had 3 layers on. Warmer on the bike than off. Have gutted the helmet to dry the internals now. ..

Richa Rain Warrior jacket and trousers (two peice), cheap but by Jesus does it work, warm too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Really want to get a track day in this year. I've been saying it for ages and the only thing holding me back is my lack of leather gear.

Since my gear needs replacing anyway I might as well go leather instead of textile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

Do a trip to Poland and back. And go somewhere local for a few days with a tent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

szatan84 wrote: »
    Do a trip to Poland and back. And go somewhere local for a few days with a tent.

Back garden with the tent? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    So worth having the right gear, been out in rain for hours but never had to gut a helmet TBH.

Me neither. Brand new helmet too. It just wicked from the neck inwards. ...

2 days later and gloves still not dry. .

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

galwaytt wrote: »

Oops, lovely and dry out here. And you weren't even rosterd on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I need to seriously get me self into gear.

Absolutely miss biking big time just need to up the bike size as 250 is way too small for me.

Went and done test years ago so I would be able to up the size but 1 thing after another just had to keep putting it off.

So I am seriously wanting it to be 2015 that I get back after nearly 3 years of no riding.;)

Happy Christmas and New Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I need to seriously get me self into gear.

Absolutely miss biking big time just need to up the bike size as 250 is way too small for me.

Went and done test years ago so I would be able to up the size but 1 thing after another just had to keep putting it off.

So I am seriously wanting it to be 2015 that I get back after nearly 3 years of no riding.;)

Happy Christmas and New Year.

You missed a good summer to get back, 2014 was great! But sort yourself out with gear, even if you just start out on dry days. Are you commuting or just going out for the odd spin? Much more fun buying a bike that'll be used for the odd spin :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I want to do another trip this year, even a few days around Ireland if I cant get over to France etc. Wold like to do another track day at some stage. Deffo more Sunday runs also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Cienciano wrote: »
    You missed a good summer to get back, 2014 was great! But sort yourself out with gear, even if you just start out on dry days. Are you commuting or just going out for the odd spin? Much more fun buying a bike that'll be used for the odd spin :pac:

I know you said it missed the good weather ;-).

I use to be on the bikes 24/7 but now it would be mainly for spins. Really miss the wind in my hair but now that's gone won't worry about that just enjoy bugs hitting me in the face ha.

Remember use to be out in all weather even snow and ice think was a bit mad when was younger.

Would love to be able to jump on and head off for a spin as there is no better way for clearing the head and just the enjoyment of been free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I know you said it missed the good weather ;-).

I use to be on the bikes 24/7 but now it would be mainly for spins. Really miss the wind in my hair but now that's gone won't worry about that just enjoy bugs hitting me in the face ha.

Remember use to be out in all weather even snow and ice think was a bit mad when was younger.

Would love to be able to jump on and head off for a spin as there is no better way for clearing the head and just the enjoyment of been free.

Thats pretty much me now, for over 10 years it was the bike for absolutely everything, but finally got a car last year so just use the bike for fun now. When you don't commute on it every day in all weathers it makes taking it out for a spin more fun. I commute on mine if it's dry, but sometimes we get wet weather for 3 or 4 weeks solid :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Would like to get out more on the bike, I really miss the Sunday spins :D

As said all ready I also want to work on being a safer rider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Im not going to make any resolutions. Im prob 2 years behind in my resolutions as it is. I was flat out busy from September till christmas so I havent been out on the bike for a good while now. I suppose If I can try and aim to go car free ill be happy with that.

I think my last sunday spin was down to carlow during the summer. Free time aint on my side so spins are shockingly low:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Need to sort out a few bits with the bikes and then achieve not binning the r1 on Cartagena in March. 3 full days with the track and a good bunch of headers. Going to get a few weekend overnighters after around ireland and get working on a race bike for 2016. Might also clean up the r1 with a few mods that are unnecessary but will finish it off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Well...

It's here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

NewYear Biking Resolutions 2015 : Once my back gets strong enough - take on the challenge (for me) of some bike lessons. Passed the theory test but don't know much about motorbikes so looking forward to the IBT-course & see if I have any actual business near a motorbike :o Module#1 looks okay, but Module#2 for me with the practicals will be where the real-lessons will be learned.

Yup, that's my Resolution for this year,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    NewYear Biking Resolutions 2015 : Once my back gets strong enough - take on the challenge (for me) of some bike lessons. Passed the theory test but don't know much about motorbikes so looking forward to the IBT-course & see if I have any actual business near a motorbike :o Module#1 looks okay, but Module#2 for me with the practicals will be where the real-lessons will be learned.

Yup, that's my Resolution for this year,
    kerry4sam

Good on you.

Keep going.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Chisum

NewYears resolutions
    Get out for a many Sunday spins as possible and another trip abroad
    Going to be a good year

Advertisement