Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 6 FM transmitter

• 19-12-2014 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has come across an FM transmitter/charger for the iPhone 6. Or whether anyone knows if the Belkin Tunebase is compatible? Know its the same lightning connector, but not sure if the arm to hold the phone in place is big enough?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Brods wrote: »
    Hi,

Wondering if anyone has come across an FM transmitter/charger for the iPhone 6. Or whether anyone knows if the Belkin Tunebase is compatible? Know its the same lightning connector, but not sure if the arm to hold the phone in place is big enough?

Thanks

I know people who had Belkin FM transmitters for iPod touches and they were absolutely ****e! They had to position them in an exact position and couldn't move without a fuzzy noise/loss of sound quality.

You're better off using a cable or bluetooth

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

I am using a Griffin roadtrip Dual connect with my Iphone 6, using the apple dock to Lightening adaptor. I am using it in Auxiliarry input mode, but I presume if the device works then the FM transmitter should work fine as well.

I would add my 2 cents that FM transmitters don't tend to have the same sound quality as a direct connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Does it need to be an FM Transmitter?

I got the Kinivo BTC450 from Amazon last year & couldnt be happier.

Its a Bluetooth enabled hands free device which you can also play & control music through.
    It's pretty small, maybe a bit bigger than a €2 coin, powered by your cigarette lighter port (which also has a usb socket to charge your phone or other device) and 3.5mm cable inserts into your auxiliary input on your radio.

Mine is located on the dash & my phone is on the windscreen in a €10 carphone warehouse mount.

It was around £30 on Amazon but I'm pretty sure there is a belkin equivalent that looks the exact same as it & is a lot dearer.

Cnet review: http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/kinivo-btc450-bluetooth-hands-free-car-kit/

Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free car kit for cars with aux input jack (3.5 mm) by Kinivo

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009NLTW60/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_1yAMub02E0ZTF

Advertisement