Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to get a pint in Limerick City

• 19-12-2014 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭

I saw a thread like this before but it was about 2/4 years old so I presume prices have changed since then. Anyone been to any pubs in the city that were noticeably cheaper than average? Average I have found to be between €4.50/€5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

3 pints of fosters €10, 3 pints of carling €10, 3 pints of beamish €10. The launch bar. According to the poster on their front window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

eyebrows63 wrote: »
    3 pints of fosters €10, 3 pints of carling €10, 3 pints of beamish €10. The launch bar. According to the poster on their front window

Not bad although Fosters is pretty awful stuff, haven't tried the others... I'll give it a look see anyway.

I'm still open to other suggestions though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

The Orchard used to do €3 pints on certain days, not sure if that's still the case.

The Scholars out in UL have Heineken for €2.90 on Fridays.

Most pubs have some pint that is cheap, somewhere in around €3 - €3.50. It tends to be something not that nice though like Fosters or Bavaria or Tuborg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

The Imperial on Carey's Road has a decent price list and a decent pint.

Guinness / Smithwicks €4
    Heineken / Bud / Bulmers €4.50
    Fosters / Tuborg / Carling / Beamish €3.50
    Pt Btl Bulmers €4.70
    Can Bulmers €4.20
    Long necks €3.40

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Jmccoy1 wrote: »
    The Imperial on Carey's Road has a decent price list and a decent pint.

Guinness / Smithwicks €4
    Heineken / Bud / Bulmers €4.50
    Fosters / Tuborg / Carling / Beamish €3.50
    Pt Btl Bulmers €4.70
    Can Bulmers €4.20
    Long necks €3.40

You'll get it in pubs outside town like the Imperial, but you won't get cheap pints in town. Not at the weekend anyways.

• Advertisement
Advertisement