Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Cheque Query

Options
  • 19-12-2014 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just looking for a bit of help. Have a BOI cheque there from my job im just wondering if I went in to that bank with photo id would they cash it for me there and then? I dont want to lodge it into my own account (Ulster bank) as it will be after the xmas before it clears.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,335 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm open to correction on this, but I don't think any bank will cash a cheque any more these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

As far as I know if the cheque is not crossed and you go into relevant branch of BOI were the cheque is drawn from with I'd they will cash it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

kieran. wrote: »
    As far as I know if the cheque is not crossed and you go into relevant branch of BOI were the cheque is drawn from with I'd they will cash it.
    They should. But I would like to emphasise that they will do so only in the branch on which it is drawn. For their own convenience, they maintain the fiction that each branch is a different bank.

Advertisement