Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I go?

• 20-12-2014 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Im 25, have a degree but planning on returning to college in September to follow a new path. My return to college depends on me passing an exam in March which I'm currently studying for at home while working in a bar part time. I've been a bit miserable being at home and I'm just a bit disillusioned with life at the moment. My question is should I travel after the exam? It'll probably be my last chance if this exam goes according to plan.

I expect a lot of positive answers but I'd love to get some advice from people who have taken a few months out to see Europe or South America and basically had new experiences and met new people. Any advice on routes or plans greatly appreciated. I know this post seems a bit all over the place so thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Yes, why wouldn't you travel if you're not going to college until September. Lots of great experiences and adventures. What would be your alternative if you stay at home for those few months? Do you need to work to get money together for college?

Figure out your budget and plan things from there.

Also, I don't know what job you're going into but it shouldn't be your last opportunity to travel. It kinda annoys me when people say that. I get 24 days annual leave and I take a month off each year and go somewhere. Sometimes I travel over Christmas so I only use up 10 days or so of holidays.

This year I can only get 2 weeks off together but I'm planning to backpack around either Cuba or Ethopia (haven't decided yet).

Advertisement