Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a year

• 20-12-2014 2:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭

in jan my mother died at aged 53 due to a stomach ulcer and my nephew was born in feb.

In dec my grandmother (My mams mother) is dying from cancer and my sister is having a baby in a few weeks.

Its been such a sad but happy year i cant wait for it to end.

any advice ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

It sounds an awful year and puts some of the things I moan about in context.

Advice? Not so much I'm afraid. Hang in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

PTH2009 wrote: »
    in jan my mother died at aged 53 due to a stomach ulcer and my nephew was born in feb.

In dec my grandmother (My mams mother) is dying from cancer and my sister is having a baby in a few weeks.

Its been such a sad but happy year i cant wait for it to end.

any advice ??

Any Advice: Don't wish for the year to end. Far Greater & Better things to be wishing for imo.

My Late Loving Dad passed away a year ago TODAY! I was speaking with my Dad until after 1pm on this date, one year ago. Don't wish for anything negative, just find ways to keep a positive outlook if you can as Life has other ways of kicking & grinding you down, you really shouldn't do it to yourself also imo,

That's some small advice from me anyways,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

sounds awfully pollyannish but i never wish for anything. just take things a day at a time and deal with anything that turns up, good or bad.

your mom and your gran would rejoice in the birth of new babies and life moving on. it's the natural way and while you're sad at the loss, in time you'll see the good in the new additions to your family.

take care

Advertisement