Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam email

Options
  • 20-12-2014 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Just looking to raise awareness of what I suspect is a scam email.
    It purports to be from electric ireland and suggests I am an entitled to a tax refund.
    Email appears to be coming from support@electric ireland. The issue is that I don't even have an account with electric ireland, I am with another provider. The apparent refund amount is in £'s as despite living in Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Greenmachine,

Thank you for your message. We have been made aware of this and we are currently investigating this as a matter of urgency. We strongly advise to not click on the link and to delete the email.
    We have already posted on Facebook and Twitter regarding this issue to clarify same.

Regards,
    Aoife M

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

I too received this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Thanks Hannibal for letting us know. A few people have received it and it is under investigation by Electric Ireland.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement