Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips MASTER PL-C 18W/827/2P bulb for outdoor security light

Options
  • 20-12-2014 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭

Would I get one of these in Woodies or B and Q.. i dont want to make the journey all the way over only to find they dont have one... Or would I be better looking online... I'm not sure if they are standard or more niche...

927905782701_EU-IMS-en_AA?wid=460&hei=335&$pnglarge$

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have a couple lying in the house that are going free if you want them?
    Well mine are G24, but look like those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

NIMAN wrote: »
    I have a couple lying in the house that are going free if you want them?
    Well mine are G24, but look like those.

Hi Niman thanks for your generous offer... But I chanced a generic brand similar looking bulb which is G24d-2 and same wattage... Brought it home and the outdoor light still is not working.. Took out the old bulb and wired it straight to the mains and it's not working... So I'm thinking it shorted and took out a trip switch, or possibly the sensor circuit....

So, in other words, more fekn work... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭whizbang

Those bulbs are often mixed up with others, with and without, integrated starter.

does the fitting have some sort of starter in it? -can be built into dusk-dawn sensors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

whizbang wrote: »
    Those bulbs are often mixed up with others, with and without, integrated starter. does the fitting have some sort of starter in it? -can be built into dusk-dawn sensors.

Hi Whizbang,

It got a bit more complex when I looked around the wiring. The electrician for some reason has put in a wall mounted Photocell, which doesnt seem to be working.. .... I have that photocell out on the table and it appears that the 555 timer is not getting the correct voltage to it's Vcc pin.. I replaced the 555 timer chip, and checked the photoresistor but still no go...

There's two large resistor to break the A/C down to lower voltage, which is then rectified and the DC is meant to be regulated by a 15V Zener diode.. But when I check the voltage across the Zener diode, it's coming up as less than 10V... I've also pulled the zener diode out of the circuit and tested with with a 24V source and a 0.5k resistor and it's working fine....

I've checked all components and they measure correctly, and resoldered all the connections but something just aint right... Fekn frustrating.. :(

Advertisement