Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

206 1.4hdi revs stuck now not starting

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Row wrote: »
    What if you swap out the loom and you still have the problem...?
    Maybe the airflow meter & coolant temp sensor are faulty..?

Not sure what a breakers yard would charge for a full wiring loom but I know in Peugeot a new one would cost over a €1000.

Its up to you but I would be thinking on the track of getting an auto Electrician/Peugeot Mech to check the wiring first see what they say....Even better if you knew someone that would check it in the evenings without charging the Auto Electrician/Dealer rates.

What part of the country are you based in..?

I'm based in Kildare myself

I'm going to bring it to a recomended auto electrician tomorrow and get him to check and see what is going on and I will move on from there I think

I done the voltage tests on the maf this evening I was getting from pin 1 excluding 3

and 12 volts grounding through pin 6 aswell

And with the maf plugged in I'm getting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

fergus1001 wrote: »
    I'm based in Kildare myself

I'm going to bring it to a recomended auto electrician tomorrow and get him to check and see what is going on and I will move on from there I think

I done the voltage tests on the maf this evening I was getting from pin 1 excluding 3

5 o.k (This should normally read between 0-5 volts depending on air intake temp temperature)
    0 o.k.
    12 o.k.
    0 o.k.
    0 o.k.
    and 12 volts grounding through pin 6 aswell ok

And with the maf plugged in I'm getting

7 (Doesn't seem right as this should normally read between 0-5 volts depending on air intake temp temperature)
    11 should be o.k. (there can be a certain voltage drop)
    12 ok
    10 (again there can be a certain voltage drop)
    0 ok

Where these above readings recorded while engine was running at idle..?

Where these above readings recorded while engine was running at idle..?

No when the key was on but not running

Output seams very high

Ideally if you had another 1.4 hdi beside you could compare voltages and then make a call.
    Some useful info here on testing airflow meters.
    http://easyautodiagnostics.com/misc-index/maf-sensor-test-basics-1

Wonder would the moisture in the harness/connectors fecked up the ecu you got in cavan..:confused:

Ideally if you had another 1.4 hdi beside you could compare voltages and then make a call.
    Some useful info here on testing airflow meters.
    http://easyautodiagnostics.com/misc-index/maf-sensor-test-basics-1

Wonder would the moisture in the harness/connectors fecked up the ecu you got in cavan..:confused:

I doubt it :/

I'm thinking myself that the actual ecu conector mIght be the problem but I didn't test it myself hopefully the auto electrician will get to the bottom of it now (hopefully) worst case scenario the ecu needs attention what would that cost me ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

Not much of an auto electrician myself but I have some experience on Pugs. High coolant temperature will throw them into limp mode however if for some reason there is air in the system then it will not register as overheating on the dashboard but the coolant temp will set the car into limp mode. Petrol engines are notorious of getting water into the ECU connections but that will stop the car and won't let you start it again, but this is only on pugs with the plastic thermostat housing-the water actually creeps along the wiring into the ecu connections drop by drop. Also the fuse boards beside the ecu are prone to burn out, this will also throw the car into limp mode, but it will usually register numerous fake faults first.

Good luck,pugs can be real pita to fix sometimes..

Ok the saga continues the crowd I left it over too said they won't look at it so I will be getting it back tomorrow

Plan of action
    1:

I'm going to get into contact with dieselbug and get him to diagnose whether it's wiring a plug or ecu

2: get parts reconditoned

3: install parts

4: life happily ever after (until something else goes wrong ..)

The clutch is after going in the car this evening

Am I crazy to go replace it (70 euro or so in parts and a day pulling the car apart) knowing that the other problem is still not fixed ?

Ok have it back going now put in a new clutch, I now hate the car for being so awkward took me all weekend to do it, so I'm back to square one now

• Advertisement

I've checked conectors to the ecu and everything Nothing is shorting so it's more or less isolated to the ecu itself so I found out there is a crowd in carlow that can clone my ecu to another second hand one so I'd say I can pick up one for 20 euro or so and get it cloned to match the bsi and sort what ever is going on !

I'll call out to dieselbug just to confirm this

Update and ***fix***

The earth of the temp sensor and the maf are common

The maf I had on was shorted out and the ground was broken to the temp sensor

I put a spurious maf on it and the temp reads as normal but as diesel bug said it's telling the ecu three times as much air is passing through it (900) as the refference (300) so the car does not rev properly because of that

I left the old maf plumed in and connected the spurious one and hey presto I had full power

So I'm going to get a genuine siemens maf and all should be well then

Just putting this up for anyone googling for this problem

Thanks to dieselbug for helping me out and also row for giving me wiring diagrams ect both of you were a huge help !

Update and ***fix***

I put a spurious maf on it and the temp reads as normal but as diesel bug said it's telling the ecu three times as much air is passing through it (900) as the refference (300) so the car does not rev properly because of that

I left the old maf plumed in and connected the spurious one and hey presto I had full power

Thanks to dieselbug for helping me out and also row for giving me wiring diagrams ect both of you were a huge help !

Niceone fergus1001...:)
    I was in contact with dieselbug and all fairness he put in alot of work in checking the wiring/Injectors/intake manifold for leaks etc...:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Niceone fergus1001...:)
    I was in contact with dieselbug and all fairness he put in alot of work in checking the wiring/Injectors/intake manifold for leaks etc...:cool:
    Update and ***fix***

Just to correct something, the earths or grounds are not common to the MAP air temp sensor and the ECT both have seperate switched grounds at the ecu.
    For some reason when the air temp sensor is disconnected the ECT ground is also switched off causing the car to go to limp mode. I'm not sure if this is by design or a fault.
    Anyway it looks like it,s sorted. Another example of the wonderful world of French electrics.:)

dieselbug wrote: »
    Just to correct something, the earths or grounds are not common to the MAP air temp sensor and the ECT both have seperate switched grounds at the ecu.
    For some reason when the air temp sensor is disconnected the ECT ground is also switched off causing the car to go to limp mode. I'm not sure if this is by design or a fault.
    Anyway it looks like it,s sorted. Another example of the wonderful world of French electrics.:)

Thanks again dieselbug only for you I would have wrote the car off !

Getting the injectors seen to aswell 120 euro for the lot to be done I think it was

Advertisement