Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T80z

Options
  • 20-12-2014 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I have a Triton T80z that trips the circuit breaker only when it is set to heat the water (when set to cold it is fine). Does this sound like the heating element is the fault? Any ideas on the cost of repair for parts and labour? Also, when replacing the heating element does the water have to be turned off at the mains or can the flow be stopped inside the shower unit because accessing the mains is a bit of trouble.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Hi,

I have a Triton T80z that trips the circuit breaker only when it is set to heat the water (when set to cold it is fine). Does this sound like the heating element is the fault? Any ideas on the cost of repair for parts and labour? Also, when replacing the heating element does the water have to be turned off at the mains or can the flow be stopped inside the shower unit because accessing the mains is a bit of trouble.

Thanks.

Sounds like element gone.
    Water needs to be turned off.
    Labour and material in the €150-€180 region

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ChrisHansen

Thanks Robbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Your triton t80z came with a 2 years parts and labour warranty. This model is only out around 4 years so it's possible it's under warranty.

It won't be 1 year old until January. A friend of the landlord supplied and installed the unit so not sure where the receipt would be to prove purchase.

Just a question about the water needing to be turned off...is the solenoid valve not before the heater can so could the can not be removed without water spewing everywhere? (The valve for the water supply is in the house next door so getting an electrician out while having someone next door to turn off/on the water will be awkward. I don't have a key and I don't know them well enough to be given one.)

It won't be 1 year old until January. A friend of the landlord supplied and installed the unit so not sure where the receipt would be to prove purchase.

Just a question about the water needing to be turned off...is the solenoid valve not before the heater can so could the can not be removed without water spewing everywhere? (The valve for the water supply is in the house next door so getting an electrician out while having someone next door to turn off/on the water will be awkward. I don't have a key and I don't know them well enough to be given one.)

The water needs to be shut off for the triton t80z. Your landlord will have the receipt as he'd need it for tax purposes. The only thing about getting triton to repair it under the warranty is that it'll be the new year before they get to you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

it might have limescale that causes it to over heat

9.5 kw works out at 43 amps what size breaker has it got

http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=214348

braddun wrote: »
    it might have limescale that causes it to over heat

9.5 kw works out at 43 amps what size breaker has it got

http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=214348

Triton t80z is only 9.5kw. Op has a faulty element.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jack1000

Ring triton to get it fixed if it's under a year old. I think they are all date stamped on the inside so you probably won't need a receipt. Sure there is no harm in asking.

Thanks but I can't really wait until after Christmas for them to call out.

Sorted now and the water did not need to be turned off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement