Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live activation code

• 20-12-2014 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭

pls help. bought an xbox live code today at gamestop wilton. Tried seveal times to redeem it(pressy for my 11 yr old)error code etc,eventually redeemed it via sons i pad,but when we went to the xbox live account it wasnt there.

tried again and said code was redeemed, im using a n ireland postal code,but bought the activation code in euros in cork

pls help,any constructive advice welcome,already changed my locale,but to no avail,am afraid my moneys gone,and as his xbox live account is finished soon ,i dont want to risk losing more money again until im sure of getting my purchase thank you.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Tidied that up you there OP I'm guessing you typed that on the iPad too :pac:

Where you bought the code and local shouldn't matter, when you say you went to the Xbox live account I assume you mean on the xbox ? Do you have more than one account and was it the same account you redeemed the code with on Xbox website?

Edit: On the 360 on the dashboard, scroll all the way to the right , pick account, your memberships, and xbox live gold, should tell you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭finno

calex71 wrote: »
    Tidied that up you there OP I'm guessing you typied that on the iPad too :pac:

Where you bought the code and local shouldn't matter, when you say you went to the Xbox live account I assume you mean on the xbox ? Do you have more than one account and was it the same account you redeemed the code with on Xbox website?

It must be catching :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭corks finest

Tnx for response,one account,redeemed voucher on my xbox live account,on sons I pad

Doesent tell me anything about the code I redeemed,or anything at all,except when I bought cbox live gold,and when its finished

Doesent tell me anything about the code I redeemed,or anything at all,except when I bought cbox live gold,and when its finished

Thats what I was getting at, is the date it shows there reflective of the code having been added to the account or does it show an expiry date you would expect had the code not been added?

Also go back to the web site, https://account.xbox.com/en-IE what does it say there for the expiry date under subscriptions on the right ? Does that date match the one on the xbox :confused:

Edit: Wait a second , maybe I've got totally the wrong end of the stick here , are we talking a code for Xbox live gold or a points/money code?????
    If it's the later go to the link above and choose payments or billing , it will redirect to there and somewhere on there it should show the balance on your account. You can't actually check that on the xbox unless you go to buy something.

On mine under transactions it shows "you have 4.90 in your account."

• Advertisement

hi,nothing at all bout the code I redeemed today,only the initial code I redeemed last Feb,whilst purchasing xbox live gold

Checked xbx account as advised,yes transaction there ,e20 ,but not on my kids xbox live account on xbox,im afraid of doing the same mistake againin feb,when his live accountis up for renewal,,,,,,tried to put 00000 in where i had my north of ireland post code in,but in my billing information ,it says my location doesent match ,etc,so i had to revert to the bt 11 aa post code im using all along,any ideas,?sorry for annoying you,but the littla man is very dissapointed,(was tring to buy a dlc for one of his cod zombie games)vvvv frustrating,.again tnx.

There are regional settings on the xbox itself, away from mine at the minute so can't tell you exactly where it is but should be under settings and should be obvious enough when you click in to it from what I recall, hae a look and see what/where that is set to location wise.

yeah its for an add on for the kid,but in the microsoft account it says we have the e 20 but we cant spend it on the xbox live account,sorry if i mixed you up,also theres no date on the transaction ,but its the only one i made since last feb

yeah its for an add on for the kid,but in the microsoft account it says we have the e 20 but we cant spend it on the xbox live account,sorry if i mixed you up,also theres no date on the transaction ,but its the only one i made since last feb
    the xbox region was set to the uk,but i changed it back to ireland,but in billing information,whatever i put in where the post code goes nothing works except for the original one i used btiiaa

• Advertisement

Give their support a call , they should be able to sort it for you fast.

1800 509 186

Will do,and many thanks,have a peaceful one.

Advertisement