Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas jumpers and young guys acting a bit gay

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

Hahahahahaha Jesus.

Rape apologist detected.

Yes you did. You implied he was so drunk that a man named George took advantage of him.

Oh sweet Jesus. Honestly, you read waaaaaaay too much into that. Way way too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Yes you did. You implied he was so drunk that a man named George took advantage of him.

In my bollocks she did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

the festive spirit due to the slave driver of a company I work for insisting I work right through Christmas:(

Also, something else that really struck me last night. Many young guys, in particular in the 17 to 23 age group seem to have a very gay manner about them now. Don't get me wrong I've nothing against gay people or in anyway homophobic but I think we'll nearly all agree that its quite often very obvious and easy to spot, traditionally that is. The thing is now it would seem more and more apparently straight young guys have a very gay demeanor about them. Last night at one stage the amount of young guys hugging other guys was a bit over the top. I seen many of them had girlfriends so that would lead me to believe that many of them if not all of them were not actually gay.

Then stop worrying about how these guys behave.

I think what you are seeing is a generation brought up in a far more civilized and gentle environment than I was. If as a 20 year old I had hugged a male friend I would, at the very least, have been derided, jeered at and very possibly ostracized. Am I glad we live in a more civilized world now where these young men can do what I still feel uncomfortable about doing (I am 55)? You fuc**ng bet I am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Rape apologist detected.

You're plucking the heart string a bit much to find offense in that

Oh sweet Jesus. Honestly, you read waaaaaaay too much into that. Way way too much.

Well that's the implication. Somehow I think if I were to make a similar joke about a woman you wouldn't be quite so cool with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Well that's the implication. Somehow I think if I were to make a similar joke about a woman you wouldn't be quite so cool with it.

And yet... 4 people are disagreeing with you here.

Edit..now 5

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭NoMore MrNiceGuy

She was making a pun on the George name. A common enough tactic.

Wheres the implication?
    Or that George was in him.

Nodin wrote: »
    Wheres the implication?

The implication is that a man was having sex with op without his consent (sorry op).

• Advertisement

The implication is that a man was having sex with op without his consent (sorry op).

Bollocks, you're a messer.
    I suspect the OP got drunk last night and didn't realise he was in The George.
    Or that George was in him

Not cool to defend to rape jokes, you should know better.

Not cool to defend rape jokes, you should know better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Ok so what's your actual point?

That your masculinity is superior to there's, that you hold the hegemonic masculinity?

But then maybe you feel what you view as being 'a man' is being questioned by a different generation?

Please see my post 88. Hoping that goes someway to answer that question Gowlasauras. You were the one who brought up masculinity not me, but I don't believe myself to be anymore or less masculine than the next guy.

Can't say I believe my view of being a man is being questioned by a different generation either. FYI gay men are still men....
    Actually John my friend.

I was out last night with 2 people, one of whom I hadn't met before. Out mutual friend went off to be a girl and change tampons or something like that.

When she came back she asked us how we got on. We made up gay jokes about touching our willys off eachother.

Are we gay?

I cant tell from what you just wrote there if your gay or not. Indeed I may not be able to tell you decisively if I met either of ye. Don't know the context of yer joke or if it points to ye being gay but on the face of it such a joke would seem a bit kinda wierd to me if nothing else...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Christ, no shortage of po-faced, high and mighty types in this thread.

'Christmas jumper as personality substitute' got tedious about 4 years ago

The fact that I previously mentioned I was straight and then that wopsydiddlydo guy comes along and suggest a George guy was in me last night would to me allude to rape jibe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Thread titles a great name for an album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The fact that I previously mentioned I was straight and then that wopsydiddlydo guy comes along and suggest a George guy was in me last night would to me allude to rape jibe....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jaysus - It wasn't a bleedin rape joke. I don't know how anyone could jump to such a ridiculous conclusion.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Oh my good god above, OP please read back your original post out loud. "I'm not a homophobe but......." goes in the same catagory as "I'm not a racist, but..." & "don't you know who I am?". Anyone to use such sentences needs to revaluate themselves.

On another point I'm heterosexual, married with 2 kids and I used to hug some of my male friends when I was younger, still do actually. It's just being comfortable with who you are and being able to understand and show feelings toward friends.

Jaysus - It wasn't a bleedin rape joke. I don't know how anyone could jump to such a ridiculous conclusion.

You'd be amazed at what religion leads people to....

Ridiculous to you maybe but it was I and GalwayGuitar conclude. No amount of rolly eyes will change that for me. Quite low from them considering they are a mod and all too....

OP I'm sorry but you are not coming across well here at all.

However, the jeering and general smartarsery of other posters is not exactly endearing either. Low hanging fruit and all that.

Ridiculous to you maybe but it was I and GalwayGuitar conclude. No amount of rolly eyes will change that for me. Quite low from them considering they are a mod and all too....

The joke was, that there is a gay bar in Dublin called the George, you might have been in there looking at gay men being sinful.
    That's the joke.

Would it still be a rape joke if I said 'I'm surprised he wasn't in George'

OP I'm sorry but you are not coming across well here at all.

However, the jeering and general smartarsery of other posters is not exactly endearing either. Low hanging fruit and all that.

My balls aren't that saggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

I think ye are trying to force that rape joke lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

And yet... 4 people are disagreeing with you here.

Edit..now 5

That's double standards joey,you seriously questioned the wearing of a scarf.So if a man was so drunk that he didn't remember or consent to another man's penis inside him,that's not rape?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

The joke was, that there is a gay bar in Dublin called the George, you might have been in there looking at gay men being sinful.
    That's the joke.

It depends if George consented to him being inside him in the first place :p

I think ye are trying to force that rape joke lads.

Wouldn't be the only thing they are trying to force.

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭NoMore MrNiceGuy

The OP and his sole defender have been so beaten in this thread they are polluting it with pseudo-hysteria about a minor joke, which was a play on words.

The switch from old man appalled at the world to aggrieved SJW is not fooling anybody.

That's the joke.

Yes, I didn't previously know that but sort of gathered that it was a gay bar when I read the first post re The George....Thats a fair enough joke....I do have a sense of humour. But then whopsydiddledo (or however you spell their name) comes along and suggests that George may have being in me last night...that to me alludes to me being raped as I mentioned I am straight....An intended rape joke I suggest. Of course we all know that rape is no joke, anything but.

To put it crudely (I don't think I can answer your question without putting it crudely) if I was in a George guy I'd be the one orchestrating the act unless I was under duress so not necessairly a rape joke per se unless of course George was a straight guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

mod

I've just reviewed this whole thread and there was no rape joke. It's a subject that's taken very seriously on boards, and there wasn't even a hint of it.
    Those accusing a poster of the same have been dealt with, so let's drop it now and get back on topic. Thank you.

Even though I'm not gay, I will kiss a man for you tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Ok, this is not particularly intended to be a rant so apologies if it comes across as such (probably will), just a few observations more than anything.

Is it just me or has the whole Christmas jumper thing just exploded this year to the point where they are begining to wreck my head a bit. I think at one stage a few years back when only the odd person was wearing them they were kinda cool to wear in a sense one may look like an eidget wearing them but didn't give a toss...I suppose in a roundabout sort of way you were sending out the message I'm so confident in myself and my appearance I don't really give a toss if this Christmas jumper makes me look a small bit goofy.... Now so many eidgets are wearing them that they have lost their appeal. I was in a pub last night and it got to the stage where it was refreshing to see someone who was not wearing one of them. Maybe its all just me though and I'm not particularly getting into the festive spirit due to the slave driver of a company I work for insisting I work right through Christmas:(

Also, something else that really struck me last night. Many young guys, in particular in the 17 to 23 age group seem to have a very gay manner about them now. Don't get me wrong I've nothing against gay people or in anyway homophobic but I think we'll nearly all agree that its quite often very obvious and easy to spot, traditionally that is. The thing is now it would seem more and more apparently straight young guys have a very gay demeanor about them. Last night at one stage the amount of young guys hugging other guys was a bit over the top. I seen many of them had girlfriends so that would lead me to believe that many of them if not all of them were not actually gay.

Now I'm not implying that there is anything wrong with a guy hugging another guy or it means they are gay per se. Being straight I very much might hug a good friend myself if he was going out to Oz for example and I knew I would not see him for some time...say to him take care of yourself out there man or something like that. However, guys hugging their friends, being guys also every 10 minutes would to me imply gay....especially if they were wearing christmas jumpers, scarfs and one direction style haircuts as so many of them were...
    OP needs to stay in more, if you ask me.

Even though I'm not gay, I will kiss a man for you tonight.

Please yourself, jack if I care....

Anyway all, I'm off out for some drinks so ye can argue among yerselfs, no doubt there be plenty of Christmas jumpers and toucy feely guys doing the rounds. Enjoy yerselfs and goodnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ok, this is not particularly intended to be a rant so apologies if it comes across as such (probably will), just a few observations more than anything.

Is it just me or has the whole Christmas jumper thing just exploded this year to the point where they are begining to wreck my head a bit. I think at one stage a few years back when only the odd person was wearing them they were kinda cool to wear in a sense one may look like an eidget wearing them but didn't give a toss...I suppose in a roundabout sort of way you were sending out the message I'm so confident in myself and my appearance I don't really give a toss if this Christmas jumper makes me look a small bit goofy.... Now so many eidgets are wearing them that they have lost their appeal. I was in a pub last night and it got to the stage where it was refreshing to see someone who was not wearing one of them. Maybe its all just me though and I'm not particularly getting into the festive spirit due to the slave driver of a company I work for insisting I work right through Christmas:(

Now I'm not implying that there is anything wrong with a guy hugging another guy or it means they are gay per se. Being straight I very much might hug a good friend myself if he was going out to Oz for example and I knew I would not see him for some time...say to him take care of yourself out there man or something like that. However, guys hugging their friends, being guys also every 10 minutes would to me imply gay....especially if they were wearing christmas jumpers, scarfs and one direction style haircuts as so many of them were...

Going down on a guy and him giving you the biggest orgasm is more of a sign I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I missed the start of strictly cod of Grindr but he didn't have a one Direction hair cut so maybe he wasn't gay? Great at giving head mind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Locked at OP's request

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement