Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What was used before FGA's ???

• 20-12-2014 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭

Anybody remember this old way to do a flue emmisions test ?

This is what was used before electronic FGA's, I saw it been used in GRANT'S 20 odd years ago, they said it was their main way of testing and they only used the new type of electronic FGA'S as a way of double checking !!!
    fyrite-gas-analyzers.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Testing the efficiency of a boiler by spitting on the back plate:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

It was a painfull way of testing,( and still avalable ) after each ajustment you had to do the slow liquid test again rather than the continious readings from a FGA.

I knew then what to buy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

There's a man over in rathmines area that still uses it , I did the oftec course with him a few years back when I was considering dabbling in that area (before I realised oil was smelly and hard work )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

Scudo thats the sort of question a young lad like me would ask an auld fella like you..

There is a few videos on YouTube on the old testing equipment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

Egass13 wrote: »
    There's a man over in rathmines area that still uses it , I did the oftec course with him a few years back when I was considering dabbling in that area (before I realised oil was smelly and hard work )

another fella that only washes his hands once a week whether he needs to or not :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭whizbang

http://www.bacharach-inc.com/fyrite-gas-analyzers.htm

still used in the brewing industry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Jeez lads I had one of those in the back of the car for 40 years - up until the day I retired. Never knew what it was for :eek:

Jim

EDIT: I really shouldn't try humour :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭whizbang

Interesting development,

The Co2 Analysers used in Patient anesthetic monitoring are now so cheap as to be disposable.

Graphic displays, alarms, separate inhalation, expiration readings, etc. Then throw it in the bin when finished with!

Oil distributors will be giving them away free soon:)

Advertisement