Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Wireless Keyboard & Mouse kits

Options
  • 20-12-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am wondering if anyone on here has any experience running similar wireless keyboard and mouse sets in close proximity to each other?

I would like to run 3 sets of Trusts Keyboard and Mouse sets within 1 foot of each other in an office and I am concerned as to whether or not they will interfere with each other?

The set in question is here: http://trust.com/en/all-products/16593-wireless-keyboard-with-mouse

Any advice or experience would be much appreciated.

Paul.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

should be ok,if not use wired ones

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭IrlMonk

I would go with a brand that will allow you to configure different channels.

I think that particular keyboard has no CAPS LOCK indicator light which can be a real pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Have you tried synergy? I run it on 3 pcs at work but only need one keyboard and mouse. I keep wired ones under the desk for the odd time I need to restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭paulgrogan.eu

Have you tried synergy? I run it on 3 pcs at work but only need one keyboard and mouse. I keep wired ones under the desk for the odd time I need to restart.

Hi Mate,

Thanks for that. I actually need to run 3 individual work stations for 3 individual people but space is tight enough so if I can cut down on wires etc and general clutter on the desk it looks better. Otherwise I would just go right ahead and get wired models!

Cheers for the tip though, might look at that software for something else.

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭paulgrogan.eu

IrlMonk wrote: »
    I would go with a brand that will allow you to configure different channels.

I think that particular keyboard has no CAPS LOCK indicator light which can be a real pain.

Are you aware of many brands allowing you to do this?

I thought that perhaps if I kept pressing the pair button it might switch to a different channel each time perhaps?

Cheers

PS: Anyone got any preferred brands of sets out there or experience with the above? Thanks!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Hi Mate,

Thanks for that. I actually need to run 3 individual work stations for 3 individual people but space is tight enough so if I can cut down on wires etc and general clutter on the desk it looks better. Otherwise I would just go right ahead and get wired models!

Cheers for the tip though, might look at that software for something else.

Paul.
    Would a KWM switch not be what you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭IrlMonk

Have a read of this:
    http://www.wireless-computing.com/news/wireless-keyboard-reliability.php

Maybe cheaper keyboards will do the job but my concern would be crosstalk between keyboards and security.

Advertisement