Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nerd people. I need your nerd help

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Or not reboot!

I never turn my laptop off except for updates. I'm a bad person.

People like you disgust me . One of these days someone will turn off your laptop and you'll have to wait 6 weeks and 4 days for thoughs updates to go through and that'll serve you right !

For crying out load think of the ice caps at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

People like you disgust me . One of these days someone will turn off your laptop and you'll have to wait 6 weeks and 4 days for thoughs updates to go through and that'll serve you right !

For crying out load think of the ice caps at least

Just disable automatic updates. They are mostly just new problems and ways for windows to annoy you anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Google laptop model + "remove keyboard", and look for a youtube video (and be careful not to break ribbon cables) - can likely buy a replacement on ebay real cheap; tricky part about putting one back in, is it probably needs some kind of strong double-sided tape on the inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Ok so the problem is that if you place the plug in keyboard above the built in one it presses the keys?
    Why not put two books on either side of the laptop and use those to rest the plug in keyboard on.
    Or alternatively steal your sisters laptop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Its a laptop right so you can just take the key off and press the button underneath?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

sprinkle toast crumbs on the laptop and work them in uder the keys till eventually each key stops working

or you could flip the usb keyboard 180 degrees and use its spacebar and the laptops letters

Advertisement