Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will it ever happen

Options
  • 21-12-2014 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

..im 32... lost 2 stone recently but still 17 stone but trying to do my best....every mth I think this is it...but nvr is. Im gutted tbh. Part of me thinks it will never happen. Have regular periods. I know ive lot more weight to lose and am eating healthy now and exercising.

At what point do I need to say ok this aint working out here (! ) and go to see someone. Time is tickin on. Im just sad about it all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I think the rule of thumb is see your doctor when you've been 12 months unsuccessfully trying and six months if you're over 35. How long have you been trying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tubby2trim1982

Thanks for reply. Trying since june. Just feel stressed out by it all.33 nxt june.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I'm only a couple of months TTC number two (1st was a happy accident!) so I can't advise too much on the technical aspects. Do you have regular cycles? Do you know when you're ovulating? I found a good fertile period calender on Ovulationcalculation.net and it shows the 5 fertile days each month based on the length of your cycle and we DTD each of those days and am currently mid two week wait.. I tried ovulation tester kits this month but never got a positive result so not too impressed but others find them great.

Good luck with loosing weight. Hopefully you can stick to that as it's definitely something that your GP would recommend to help conceiving and having a healthy pregnancy.

Fingers crossed for you. Stay hopeful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cinloom

hi I understand you so well. We are TTC for 1 year and a half followed by a fertility doc. Each month i had the feeling it is The month , instead each month somebody around me tells me they are pregnant.
    Did you do any blood test ?I have been diagnose with PCOS but had to see at least 3 doctors to confirm that.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Give yourself six months then go. Nothing to loose because you will still be waiting to see drs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭scaredycat

Hi Tubby2trim

I know where your coming from as we were trying for our baby ofr almost 2 years and I honestly thought it would never happen for us. I am 35 now and have a healthy 5 mth old. I tried ovulation kits every month for about a year and they drove me insane and as you say, it pointed out more and more that others around were getting pregnant.
    I then tried getting ourselves tested for any irregularities and apparently everything was fine.
    That was nearly more frustrating as I couldn't understand why it wouldn't happen for us.
    I then very sceptically agreed to see this woman in enniscorthy co wexford (not sure what part of country your in, but people travel to her from Fermanagh, Kerry, etc....). She is basically a Chinese acupuncturist and deals a lot in herbs. I genuinely thought this was wacky stuff and had no interest and only went cos I had heard her success stories were unreal (They really are!!!).
    Anyhow long story short, she assessed our results from the doctors, sperm and bloods etc and it turned out my husbands sperm count was ver high but quality was really low.. (hence western docs said they balance out, but when you think about it, they don't...that's why they said all was fine!!).
    We took the herbs for 3 months and got pregnant. She was very thorough with us and explained everything in way more detail. She was a midwife herself for over 20 years so she knows western medicine also.
    my own doctor in wexford also attends this woman for fertility reasons and the consultant I attended when I was pregnant also praised Siobhan (woman in enniscorthy). I think it says something if western medicine practitioners are paising Chinese medicine and trying it themselves...
    She is expensive, but I think its worth it if you want to get yourself healthy for conception. My visits are about 100-130e each time as I always take herbs off her, but hopefully it'll be worth it for you too.
    You can google her to have a look "Siobhan Kehoe, acupuncture", but don't get turned off by acupuncture as her speciality is helping people conceive. I am going back to her next month to try for baby number 2.
    All the best.... Don't give up...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 worldwind06

It took my partner and I a year to conceive currently 32 weeks pregnant. I had really long irregular cycles and was convinced I had PCOS I was even waiting to get checked by the doctor for it but I conceived the month I was supposed to get bloods taken to check hormone levels. Because my cycles were all over the place it made it impossible to know when I was ovulating. My partner and I just had sexy time every other day for 11 months and we got there in the end. I do know how frustrating it is I'm 25 and I was convinced I was baron. Try not to stress and just have plenty of you know what

Advertisement