Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod dragging a thread off topic and then infracting people who disagree with them

Options
  • 21-12-2014 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

I just saw this thread and felt I had to say something.
    The OP posts asking where to find a crematorium for her horse. A simple question, and no doubt a hard one to ask given many people tend to be a bit upset when an animal dies.

Convert, the forum mod, insensitively suggests sending the horse to the knackers ie sending it to be made into dog food. Off topic for a start, the OP wants a crematorium.
    After the OP says she has found a place Convert continues dragging the thread off topic, asking how much it was and why use a crematorium when the knackery is cheaper.
    Other users mention how insensitive a question this is and Convert then starts dishing out the bold font and infractions to anyone who has disagreed with his/her post, saying they are back seat modding and it's against the charter.
    Forgive me if I'm wrong here but off topic posting is also against the charter and in my opinion Convert has completely misused their power here, not to mention behaved like a not-very-nice-person to say the least.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If you don't have a ban or infraction to dispute, then don't start threads in the dispute resolution forum.

If you want to raise an issue with a mods actions, do so in the Helpdesk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement