Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom molded hearing protection

Options
  • 21-12-2014 3:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I didn't see any recent threads on this topic, so here we go.

Any idea which type and which supplier (Irish/European) is best to buy custom molded flat frequency attenuators from?

I haven't searched much at this stage, but my local option (Specsavers) are quoting 300-700 Euro per pair, and are recommending that I get the molds taken there and send to another company.

Ideas/experiences?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭fitz

Hi guys,

I didn't see any recent threads on this topic, so here we go.

Any idea which type and which supplier (Irish/European) is best to buy custom molded flat frequency attenuators from?

I haven't searched much at this stage, but my local option (Specsavers) are quoting 300-700 Euro per pair, and are recommending that I get the molds taken there and send to another company.

Ideas/experiences?

Hearing.ie will do them for €200 I think.
    Great investment...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭smck99

I did a good bit of research, and ended up using Hearing Music. Jonathan is great, extremely knowledgeable and helpful. The plugs are very high quality and didn't take too long to arrive either.

Got a student discount and only paid a little under €200 I think. Loved my set of ER17's, until I lost just one :/ I plan on returning soon to get a new pair.

Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I went to Hearing Healthcare on Capel St (hearing.ie as mentioned above). I think it was €190 if I remember right.

I went there, got the test, the moulds, whole thing done, it was grand. I paid about half the money as a deposit and went off to wait for them to be ready.

Some things happened, I moved from Dublin very soon after, and I completely forgot about them! I never heard from them again, and I still haven't gone back. That was about 2 years ago!

Sake. Thanks for reminding me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭guitarrrszz

pluss one for hidden hearing, around 150 / 200 i think

Advertisement