Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sportsdirect 20% off code Irish Site - (ie.sportsdirect.com)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

RayCon wrote: »
    Same company ... less range

Same stock but inferior inventory & DIFFERENT company. Sports World is operated by Heatons AFAIK & has nothing to do with Sports Direct

Also much more expensive generally

As regards Sports Direct;

Alot of the brands are not brands but brand badging put on ranges of stuff. Browsing the site you may spot Soviet trainers that are identical to Firetrap trainers. I pay little attention to either the RRP or "designer" labels in Sports Direct these days.

Quality can be questionable on some stuff but the majority of what I've bought in the last couple of years has been good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

For anyone that has ordered from the Irish Sports Direct website, how do you track your package? I think I'm supposed to get an email from Barlin regarding tracking info but haven't got that yet. Any other way? Ordered the stuff on Monday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Colemania wrote: »
    For anyone that has ordered from the Irish Sports Direct website, how do you track your package? I think I'm supposed to get an email from Barlin regarding tracking info but haven't got that yet. Any other way? Ordered the stuff on Monday morning.

Ordered my stuff Saturday evening, it arrived today at lunch time! Was a bit weird as I checked te sportsdirect website this morning and it said waiting for collection from courier. Don't think I've ever waited more than 4 business days for a delivery from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

On your order page over on the right hand side there is a tab that say track order. Click on that and it brings you to the Dhl website tracking page.

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Ordered my stuff Saturday evening, it arrived today at lunch time! Was a bit weird as I checked te sportsdirect website this morning and it said waiting for collection from courier. Don't think I've ever waited more than 4 business days for a delivery from them.

That's fast! Is the tracking info on the sports direct website? Can't seem to find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

That's fast! Is the tracking info on the sports direct website? Can't seem to find it

I got an "order processing" email on Saturday, having ordered on Friday night

A further email promised when the order shipped did not arrive, but that has been the case with my last few orders

Order arrived early yesterday in any case which is even quicker than normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Ordered Sunday night at 11pm and got the delivery this morning at 10.30....fast or what...:D....just a pity I didnt order correct size in one thing....lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

muincav wrote: »
    Ordered Sunday night at 11pm and got the delivery this morning at 10.30....fast or what...:D....just a pity I didnt order correct size in one thing....lol

Did you order express or just the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

manu2009 wrote: »
    You both need to login to your account, click order history and track my order, I ordered on sunday night and have the same status as you but can see from the dhl tracking that its already left gatwick

you are right. I traced the order from the option 'Track Order' tab that took me to DHL website; I ignored what was mentioned on their own website itself about the order status. I found yesterday that the order had arrived to Dublin yesterday. Today morning the order is delivered to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

Ya for some reason the tracking on the Irish site doesn't really work use the link to the DHL site instead

Is the 20% off still valid anyone know??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Ya for some reason the tracking on the Irish site doesn't really work use the link to the DHL site instead

Is the 20% off still valid anyone know??

The discount code is not working.

mac.in wrote: »
    The discount code is not working.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

i ordered mon night, an hr b4 the deadline ended... but code didnt work so i emailed them after. their reply was i used it on the eng site so its not valid!!

fat tony9 wrote: »
    i ordered mon night, an hr b4 the deadline ended... but code didnt work so i emailed them after. their reply was i used it on the eng site so its not valid!!

it only ever worked on the irish site. if you'd have went to the irish site it would have worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Why can't people read the thread before asking stupid questions and posting ridiculous comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Seve OB wrote: »
    Why can't people read the thread before asking stupid questions and posting ridiculous comments

Or even just the the thread title!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Seve OB wrote: »

why does it bother you so much? always amazed when somebody post these comments, it's not your personal forum/thread - you dont have to be involved with every post, relax..........some people just dont know how to search for the answer to their questions !!

kingaaa wrote: »
    why does it bother you so much? always amazed when somebody post these comments, it's not your personal forum/thread - you dont have to be involved with every post, relax..........some people just dont know how to search for the answer to their questions !!

Exactly what's wrong with people asking questions about Sports Direct this is a forum after all

kingaaa wrote: »

I can completely understand this. 18 pages on this forum for example and some people mightn't have a chance to look through all to get their answer.

But......

In this case, it says it in the title in fairness that it's for the irish site and even has the website address. No excuses there for people who come on complaining that the code doesn't work on the UK website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ordered monday night, SD have the order as awaiting pickup but theres a tracking number in their system already and DHL report it to be at Gatwick this morning. Expect itll be on tomorrows route :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I ordered Monday night and it's just been delivered, pretty fast delivery.

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I ordered Monday night and it's just been delivered, pretty fast delivery.

Ditto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Did you order express or just the norm?

sorry for late reply-Just normal delivery...

muincav wrote: »
    sorry for late reply-Just normal delivery...

No Hassel's came today anyway :)
    Out of curiosity does/has anybody ordered express? Can't see it being any quicker??

No Hassel's came today anyway :)
    Out of curiosity does/has anybody ordered express? Can't see it being any quicker??

I've never picked express meself caus I don't see the point the normal service is quick enough!

• Advertisement

I can completely understand this. 18 pages on this forum for example and some people mightn't have a chance to look through all to get their answer.

But......

In this case, it says it in the title in fairness that it's for the irish site and even has the website address. No excuses there for people who come on complaining that the code doesn't work on the UK website

I agree, but the code doesn't work on the Irish site either - thus causing confusion.....leave the moderating to the moderaters I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vintage01

Does anyone have any bloody codes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

No new codes out yet.
    I ordered stuff Tuesday and they came today, I used the express option though. Have to send football boots back as I forgot to order a size bigger because they are adidas.

Sizes are very strange alright. Boots are a size too big, shorts are a bit too big also and jumper seems big but haven't had a chance to try it on yet. What's the returns policy like? Do you pay to post them back or do they pay?

Sizes are very strange alright. Boots are a size too big, shorts are a bit too big also and jumper seems big but haven't had a chance to try it on yet. What's the returns policy like? Do you pay to post them back or do they pay?

You pay unfortunately.

• Advertisement

You pay unfortunately.

Couple of extra pairs of socks when using the boots then! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »
    Ordered monday night, SD have the order as awaiting pickup but theres a tracking number in their system already and DHL report it to be at Gatwick this morning. Expect itll be on tomorrows route :)

Arrived. Great job from SD as always.

wonder will there be a code for Paddy's day......

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

Doubt there's any new codes knocking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

€8 delivery now,that's a bit steep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

NATLOR wrote: »

Id say you'd "save" that on buying one item the likes of a pair of runners,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

Just got my delivery of Karrimor running gear, €80 for a ridiculous amount of stuff and it's great quality gear too, loads of bargains to be had for any runners out there....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Sono wrote: »
    Just got my delivery of Karrimor running gear, €80 for a ridiculous amount of stuff and it's great quality gear too, loads of bargains to be had for any runners out there....

Did you get the runners? Thinking of picking up a pair of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

NATLOR wrote: »

really?

you do know it is couriered by DHL with full tracking?

@ €8 it is cheaper than registered mail with An Post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Stocked up on a rake of stuff for the kids for holidays.

Genuine Crocs for €8.30 or something. T-shirts for less than €2. For that money, we could afford to leave them in Spain when we're finished!

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    Stocked up on a rake of stuff for the kids for holidays.

Genuine Crocs for €8.30 or something. T-shirts for less than €2. For that money, we could afford to leave them in Spain when we're finished!

Will you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Any codes for this at the minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭crayon80

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Any codes for this at the minute?

Breaks my heart everytime someone bumps this thread up to ask that

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3NNjujvY3k4yhFW7lSw8DfbFbLQD6FId5tz0yxTaj9l-lPOtY0A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

More disappointment:)

Chanel 4 are doing tv show titled

'The secrets of sports direct'

It's an undcover documentary to find out how the sports chain can sell their merchandise so cheep.

It's on Monday night at 8pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Charlie19 wrote: »

It's an undcover documentary to find out how the sports chain can sell their merchandise so cheep.

😬

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Charlie19 wrote: »

This is probably good news.

Show uncovers shady dealings so sales go down in the short term. To fix this Sports direct release money off coupons. The sterling exchange rate is a killer at the moment.

This is probably good news.

Show uncovers shady dealings so sales go down in the short term. To fix this Sports direct release money off coupons. The sterling exchange rate is a killer at the moment.

Summers coming, theirs a sale due either way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

This thread should be locked.
    There already is a thread on Sportsdirect.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056519317

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

snubbleste wrote: »
    This thread should be locked.
    There already is a thread on Sportsdirect.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056519317

This is the .ie site the other thread is the .com site.

Different threads for different sites to stop people getting mixed up when they say codes don't work.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The title says 20% off..that was soooo last year

Advertisement