Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple store

Options
  • 21-12-2014 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Is there an apple store in Dublin? Where

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Is there an apple store in Dublin? Where
    Bottom of grafton st near where molly Malone used to be on the left if ur walking towards trinity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

greenman09 wrote: »
    Bottom of grafton st near where molly Malone used to be on the left if ur walking towards trinity

Called CompuB

about 15M towards Dame St

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

greenman09 wrote: »

That's an authorised reseller rather than an official Apple store. Shop is called CompuB.

Curry's / PC World in Javis Centre has an Apple section too, for laptops, iPads, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I don't think there is an Apple shop in Dublin just resellers iConnect (opening times) just opened up on Henry St too if that side of town is better for you. They are aiming to be the biggest resellers in the world so they are probably going to have the biggest range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Want an official apple store for extra security in the warranty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

There's none in the Republic of Ireland. We're only good enough to do tax dodges, they couldn't be bothered with retailing to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

CompuB is an authorised Apple service centre, I've had work done there under warranty and it was perfect.

You'll have to pop to the UK then so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

jimmii wrote: »
    You'll have to pop to the UK then so.

Victoria Square in Belfast is less than two hours away.

Victoria Square in Belfast is less than two hours away.

You would want to be fairly committed to insisting on an Apple store for the probably 5 hour round trip! Was at the one in Belfast not so long ago its a pretty good one bigger than a few of the ones in England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

I bought my last iMac and the iPad Air 2 from CompU in Cork excellent service.

Would buy my Apple products.

Have bought from Apple on line excellent. No problems with that either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

SpaceTime wrote: »
    There's none in the Republic of Ireland. We're only good enough to do tax dodges, they couldn't be bothered with retailing to us.

Apple insists on having their apple store in the republic on Grafton street. Apparently they were going to buy the aib branch on Grafton Street for €40 million. As its one of the few buildings on Grafton Street big enough for them. But aib decided the branch was too important to them to sell

Compbu are premium resellers. They offer the apple service without the dozens of apple staff falling all over you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

hfallada wrote: »
    Apple insists on having their apple store in the republic on Grafton street. Apparently they were going to buy the aib branch on Grafton Street for €40 million. As its one of the few buildings on Grafton Street big enough for them. But aib decided the branch was too important to them to sell

Compbu are premium resellers. They offer the apple service without the dozens of apple staff falling all over you.

And deliver crap after service. I wouldn't deal with Compub, ever. And the staff in their are totally ignorant of Apple tech issues. Run a mile !

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Why is it that with all the jobs they have here and just announced yet there is still no Apple retail store in the Republic?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Joziburg wrote: »
    Why is it that with all the jobs they have here and just announced yet there is still no Apple retail store in the Republic?

Has to be for tax reasons. I can see no other reason why. Yes we are a small market, but it would be busy, we would be a big enough market to have one store and a handful of staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Joziburg wrote: »

Maybe they signed an exclusive contract with CompuB and can't compete with them until the contract is up?

Advertisement