Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best eats in Dublin

Options
  • 21-12-2014 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Have tried the buffolo wings in elephant and castle and the ribs in bison bar , what other places are must try for various types of food?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,342 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Confit of Duck Leg in La Cave, South Anne Street.

Scallops in Marco Pierre Whites Courtyard in Donnybrook.

Cataplana (fish stew) in 53 Avenue, Killester (this a special so phone in advance to make sure it's on)

Dublin Bay Prawns in Bistro Martello, Sandycove (sadly temporarily shut due to a fire)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Queen of tarts for cakes, pastries. Coffee angel is really good for coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

I like Bunsen on Wexford St for a Burger and chips

Scrambled eggs in the Fumbally are very good

Calamari in the Kitchen on South Anne St are tasty - the risottos are excellent also, but I think they are specials as opposed to an everyday menu items

Superfood Salad and the Cabbage Rolls in Alchemy on Grafton St are great (upstairs in BT2)

Viola on Baggot St are great for healthy wraps and their fish specials are delicious too

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

Lolly and cooks in Georges St arcade do amazing cakes etc.
    Bald Barista on Stephens Green and 3FE in Grand Canal Dock for coffee.
    Green Bench off Harcourt Street for sandwiches

• Registered Users Posts: 30,342 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Fish and chips in Beshoffs ... mainly for their fish which is fantastic...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Fish and chips in Beshoffs ... mainly for their fish which is fantastic...

+1

Without doubt the best fish & chips in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

When I'm in town shopping or whatever i always put an hour or two aside and head into the epicurean food hall and have a little bit of everything. I wouldn't be a big fan of Mexican food but the burrito place in there is effin delicious!The Greek place in there does lovely food too,
    and all of the other places have interestin grub aswell and and all of them are easy on the wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Good "signature dish" thread Shadowcomplex. Great opener there with E&C chicken wings... classic.

Shellfish Platter, Super Miss Sue. Expensive, but a great treat.

Alaskan king crab, lobster, crab claws, gambas, oysters, mussels and clams.

Chicken and Chorizo - Market Bar.

If anyone can point me to a really good noodle bar it would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Doner kebab meals, Zaytoon on Camden St.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    If anyone can point me to a really good noodle bar it would be great.

I read "noodie" for some reason:D

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

roadsmart wrote: »
    Doner kebab meals, Zaytoon on Camden St.

Are they still also on Parliament street ?...i really love there lamb Kebab ,when in Dublin .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

anto9 wrote: »
    Are they still also on Parliament street ?...i really love there lamb Kebab ,when in Dublin .

Yeah AFAIK. I wish you could get kebabs cheaper here. In Germany they were only €4 max and amazing. My favourite was Egyptian style Kebabs. They were so good I queued for 2 hours to get one after the world cup final

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Burritos from Boojum near Jervis.
    Burger at the Counter on Suffolk Street.
    Brunch or some nice steak from the Whitefriar Grill on Angier St.
    Coffee from Bewleys (or Butlers sometimes).
    BBQ food from Pitt Bros on Georges St.
    Pizza from Independent Pizza Co in Drumcondra or Gotham Cafe off Grafton St.
    Sandwiches from Juniors on Bath Avenue (the chargrilled chicken sandwich is the best!).

A few places need to try in the new year so this is subject to change possibly shortly.

Indo pizza Drumcondra is pizza Mecca.

I like Bunsen on Wexford St for a Burger and chips

Scrambled eggs in the Fumbally are very good

Calamari in the Kitchen on South Anne St are tasty - the risottos are excellent also, but I think they are specials as opposed to an everyday menu items

Superfood Salad and the Cabbage Rolls in Alchemy on Grafton St are great (upstairs in BT2)

Viola on Baggot St are great for healthy wraps and their fish specials are delicious too

I will add Ribs from Bison Bar on Wellington St to this list, and a cooked breakfast (all day) from Cafe Sofia on Wexford St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Two to add to this - Black Sheep on Capel St does a fantastic steak burger. Only downfall is the chips, they're massive and not nice but if you ask they'll do them smaller so they actually cook. And on behalf of my boyfriend, the Smoked Mexicano galette in Lemon on Dawson St. He insists on substituting nutmeg spinach for the tomato though, you should know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Any sandwich from Deli 147 on Parnell Street.

Gongoozler wrote: »
    And on behalf of my boyfriend, the Smoked Mexicano galette in Lemon on Dawson St.

Good one! Coffees good in Lemon too.

• Advertisement

Two to add to this - Black Sheep on Capel St does a fantastic steak burger. Only downfall is the chips, they're massive and not nice but if you ask they'll do them smaller so they actually cook. And on behalf of my boyfriend, the Smoked Mexicano galette in Lemon on Dawson St. He insists on substituting nutmeg spinach for the tomato though, you should know.

The Calamari is the Black Sheep are excellent also

Agree on the chips - far too big, middle of them ends up hard and not fully cooked

Large portions in the Black Sheep also

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Fillet Steak from FX Buckley's - Pembroke Street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Dancor wrote: »
    Any sandwich from Deli 147 on Parnell Street.

They're nice but they're overpriced imo @ min €6.50 per sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭limitedIQ

burgers in Bunsen's.

The breakfast/brunch in brother hubbard on capel str.

Pizzas in Skinflint

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Their fried chicken and calamari is amazing too! Also love the carbonara. Agree on the chips too but my wife loves them.

Go there pretty much every Saturday love the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Cabbage soup in pifko. Had three bowls of it one day. Absolutely delicious and good for lining the stomach for some great beers in there. Lunch special for soup and sambo @7.95 is great. Usually grilled pork or turkey ciabatta with a handful of chips plus soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

BBQ - Bison Bar or My Meat Wagon

Steak - Beeftro (in town or Dundrum Town Centre)

Burgers - Bunsen

Sushi - Tani Sushi (Terenure) or Mushashi (Capel Street)

Chinese/Korean - The Hilan (Capel St)

Indian - Kinara Kitchen (Ranelagh)

Mexican - 777

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

jimmii wrote: »
    Their fried chicken and calamari is amazing too! Also love the carbonara. Agree on the chips too but my wife loves them.

Go there pretty much every Saturday love the place!

I wasn't mad about the chicken. That the one in breadcrumb? Did really like the carbonara though, forgot about that.

In there at least once a week, most weeks we get a steak burger. Can't believe they've gotten rid of the sweet potato wedges!

Advertisement