Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terribly dissatisfied with eircom right now.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

dub45 wrote: »
    I can imagine but other people read these threads too:
    I'd really hope they do too. :)

But I'd hate for the events of the last month concerning my account to be swamped or lost under other issues that aren't part of my complaint, and that could perhaps merit a thread of their own if ya get me. 

Hope I dont sound like a selfish git by saying that, by the way. Honestly don't mean to. 

I really thought this would have seen some movement today.
    Very disappointed

Soooo.

Anything happening today Reps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Nah, they're just hoping you'll go away and if you don't, and you keep pressing for an answer, they'll get a mod to ban you and buy them a bit more time. Standard form behaviour, look back at the threads here and you'll see it's happened before

I'm not going away, but neither am I going to do anything that will get me banned.

I'm a reasonable and patient person and I have faith in the reps, let's give them a chance to get an answer for me. 
    There are further steps I can take, such as regulatory bodies etc, but I'd prefer to deal directly with Eircom. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Al Capwned wrote: »
    I'm not going away, but neither am I going to do anything that will get me banned.

I'm a reasonable and patient person and I have faith in the reps, let's give them a chance to get an answer for me. 
    There are further steps I can take, such as regulatory bodies etc, but I'd prefer to deal directly with Eircom. 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Al Capwned

You had confirmed in the recent posts that the broadband is now operational, I have looked in to this and I can also see that you are now back online.

Ultimately there were a number of issues created by the disappointing level of support and service offered in the follow up to the wrongful closure of your account. The cease of your account (and posting of letter on the 4th ) was a result of the agreed payment plan not being logged and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]In attempts to restore your account a PSTN line was firstly established (as required for broadband) and unfortunately technical issues in restoring the broadband occurred, ultimately I will be unable to offer you full technical reasoning for the delays in restoring your broadband however there was issues surrounding unavailability of broadband ports at the exchange.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]The lady should not have advised you that the issues were created by weather. I cannot offer you a reason why she advised you on this but I can confirm this will be looked in to based on the call handling records of your account and treated internally. The most I can do fo[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Taking over a port is not a manual task and I’ll be unable to offer you further infrastructural details but I can assure you nobody went to the exchange to manually pull out an cables or ports.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]It is clear that this has created a lot of inconvenience and disappointment for which I would like to express sincere apologies for, I’m glad to see that service is now fully restored.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font][font=Times New Roman","serif]Should you require further explanations on the errors made you are free to log an official complaint with eircom on free phone 1901 or via the compliance regulator on 1890 229668[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thank you[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

Hi Al Capwned

You had confirmed in the recent posts that the broadband is now operational, I have looked in to this and I can also see that you are now back online.

Ultimately there were a number of issues created by the disappointing level of support and service offered in the follow up to the wrongful closure of your account. The cease of your account (and posting of letter on the 4th ) was a result of the agreed payment plan not being logged and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

In attempts to restore your account a PSTN line was firstly established (as required for broadband) and unfortunately technical issues in restoring the broadband occurred, ultimately I will be unable to offer you full technical reasoning for the delays in restoring your broadband however there was issues surrounding unavailability of broadband ports at the exchange.
    The lady should not have advised you that the issues were created by weather. I cannot offer you a reason why she advised you on this but I can confirm this will be looked in to based on the call handling records of your account and treated internally. The most I can do fo
    Taking over a port is not a manual task and I’ll be unable to offer you further infrastructural details but I can assure you nobody went to the exchange to manually pull out an cables or ports.
    It is clear that this has created a lot of inconvenience and disappointment for which I would like to express sincere apologies for, I’m glad to see that service is now fully restored.
     Should you require further explanations on the errors made you are free to log an official complaint with eircom on free phone 1901 or via the compliance regulator on 1890 229668
    Thank you

Al
    Listen Al, tbh I dont want to get into a long winded thing, getting 3rd parties involved and the likes....

Yes the service is fully restored, but you have not responded about either the outstanding balance, or the additional charges on my most recent bill. 

I thank you for your time in replying, but would appreciate your thoughts on this also. 

THanks, 
    ALan 

Hi Al Capwned

Ultimately there were a number of issues created by the disappointing level of support and service offered in the follow up to the wrongful closure of your account. The cease of your account (and posting of letter on the 4th ) was a result of the agreed payment plan not being logged and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

In attempts to restore your account a PSTN line was firstly established (as required for broadband) and unfortunately technical issues in restoring the broadband occurred, ultimately I will be unable to offer you full technical reasoning for the delays in restoring your broadband however there was issues surrounding unavailability of broadband ports at the exchange.
    The lady should not have advised you that the issues were created by weather. I cannot offer you a reason why she advised you on this but I can confirm this will be looked in to based on the call handling records of your account and treated internally. The most I can do fo
    Taking over a port is not a manual task and I’ll be unable to offer you further infrastructural details but I can assure you nobody went to the exchange to manually pull out an cables or ports.
    It is clear that this has created a lot of inconvenience and disappointment for which I would like to express sincere apologies for, I’m glad to see that service is now fully restored.
     Should you require further explanations on the errors made you are free to log an official complaint with eircom on free phone 1901 or via the compliance regulator on 1890 229668
    Thank you

Al
    Listen Al, tbh I dont want to get into a long winded thing, getting 3rd parties involved and the likes....

Yes the service is fully restored, but you have not responded about either the outstanding balance, or the additional charges on my most recent bill. 

I thank you for your time in replying, but would appreciate your thoughts on this also. 

THanks, 
    ALan 
    I will investigate the charges you have mentioned above and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al

It's a week now Alan, and no reply, and in the meantime, I've had a bill from eMobile that I am sure you can investigate also for me. 
    You'll see my issue when you see the bill. It is very obvious.

I dont accept that this should take this long.

It's a week now Alan, and no reply, and in the meantime, I've had a bill from eMobile that I am sure you can investigate also for me. 
    You'll see my issue when you see the bill. It is very obvious.

I dont accept that this should take this long.
    Hi Al Capwned

I have received confirmation that the additional charges wrongly requested (148.13 ex vat) have now been credited to your eircom account and will appear in your next bill.

If you would like to PM me your emobile account number or NUmber & PIN (including details of the issues) I will request an eMobile representative to look in to this for you

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Alan, I pm'd you in the past couple of days (maybe yesterday or Tuesday) with my details. 

I'd appreciate a reply as soon as you can, thanks. 

Well Alan. Anything on this today?

Hoping to hear from someone tomorrow Alan.

Hi Al Capwned

Your request has been escalated to emobile credit management and as soon as I have an update I'll let you know.

Thanks

Al

Hi Al Capwned

Your request has been escalated to emobile credit management and as soon as I have an update I'll let you know.

Thanks

Al
    Ok thanks, 

I'd appreciate if you made it clear to them that the reason for the extra data add-ons for the month of december was because I wanted to maintain an internet connection over the christmans period after the cock ups with my eircom broadband.

Many thanks, Alan. 

1 week Alan. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Apologies for delay there Al Capwned, I can see Al has escalated thsi to our credit section. I will chase them again today.
    I will be back later today or tomorrow with update.
    Tony

Apologies for delay there Al Capwned, I can see Al has escalated thsi to our credit section. I will chase them again today.
    Tony
    Another week.....

And another 4 days.......

Bump.

• Advertisement

Tony
    Today or Tomorrow Alan?
    On the 16th of February.....

And not a jot since.....
    Hard to believe that this thread is not being noticed by one of the reps on here.

Yet another day gone without any contact from Eircom. My patience is wearing thin.....
    Hi Al Capwned

I'm aware of the delays with a response to the data charges request and apologise for this.

I can confirm now that a further credit of €35.97 (for additional data subscriptions) + €2.58 (for additional data usage)

THis is a total of €38.55 (€47.41) which will display as credit of your next eircom bill

Thanks
    Al

Never happened Alan. 
    My bill does not have this credit shown........

Please investigate and tell me why.

Never happened Alan. 

Hi Al
    we can look into this and be back to you soon. We had confirmation that these would be applied.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I had problems with Eircom from the start of new contract last year, I contacted Eircom many times on the phone and got the kind of runaround your getting here. I just decided that I would run down contract and then get out. I also tried this method online. I am not just picking on Eircom, a lot of thes utility companies are full of bulzhit or just don't know what they are saying when you contact them. Once your signed up to a contract they don't care imo.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I had problems with Eircom from the start of new contract last year, I contacted Eircom many times on the phone and got the kind of runaround your getting here. I just decided that I would run down contract and then get out. I also tried this method online. I am not just picking on Eircom, a lot of thes utility companies are full of bulzhit or just don't know what they are saying when you contact them. Once your signed up to a contract they don't care imo.
    Hi jobeenfitz
    sorry that this is your impression and I can assure you that we do realise the value of our contracted customers.
    If you would like to PM me with your details I can follow up on those issues and do promise that we will investigate and update you.  Hopefully we can do something to change your impression.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Hi jobeenfitz
    sorry that this is your impression and I can assure you that we do realise the value of our contracted customers.
    If you would like to PM me with your details I can follow up on those issues and do promise that we will investigate and update you.  Hopefully we can do something to change your impression.
    Tony
    Thanks Tony but I went through enough torture last year, and I accept that you are being genuine but I aint making a complaint again about my issue of last year. Just here to share my unhappy experience and bittch a little.

Never happened Alan. 

Hi Al
    we can look into this and be back to you soon. We had confirmation that these would be applied.
    Tony
    Look forward to hearing from you soon Tony.
    Thanks.

Never happened Alan. 

Hi Al
    Tony
    Look forward to hearing from you soon Tony.
    Thanks.
    Hi Al Capwned

Apologies for this, the credit was left awaiting authorisation however we have had full authorisation from credit management today and the €47.41 has now been taken off your outstanding amount.

Thanks
    AL

• Advertisement

Thank you.

Advertisement