Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban on offering of Argos codes in bargain alerts

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

keano25 wrote: »
    Can you clarify the above?

Does this mean no more 'I have a code for Cork, will swap for one in Monaghan?'

Just seen the thread in BA. That clarifys the above. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just to clarify:

A straightforward "I have a code in Cork available" will be allowed. We feel that this is in keeping with the ethos of Boards - one poster offering something to the community purely on the basis of goodwill.

We will not allow "I have a code available in Cork that I want to swap for Andromeda". We feel that this has strayed into trading and commoditisation of codes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

This post has been deleted.

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I am admittedly one of those people who only gives feedback when it's negative and I'm complaining about something. But in this instance, thank you for implementing this change. The code swapping trend grinded (ground?) my gears more than it should have, and more than anything on Boards has in a long time. So thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Jack Nana

Hurrah and Huzzah in equal measures !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I didn't think it would ever come to pass given some of the negativity I received from users and 1 or 2 mods but its great it has. No more 50 e-mails of I'll swap this for that! Thank you again boards mods/staff.

Advertisement