Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction received.

Options
  • 21-12-2014 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I have been infracted by the mod Suave for expressing condolences for the owner of the car wrecked by joyriders. My post is:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93526255&postcount=10

In the thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057348046

Via PM I requested a view from the moderator regarding what rules, specifically, I contravened. Being unable to point to a specific rule, the mod invoked the 'don't be a dick' coverall. I fail to see how empathising with a person for the loss of what is, for most people, their pride and joy is being a dick.

If I lost my car and was unable to visit my grandchildren in Dublin, especially at this time of year, I would be upset, to put it mildly. For some, the loss of their vehicle can be a loss of income and family contact. All through no fault of their own.

In my post, as you can see, I made no comment on the people in the car as it would not be complimentary and would indeed constitute 'being a dick'. As I only commiserated with the other victim of this affair: the car owner, I fail to see where I crossed the line. All victims deserve empathy, is this not the case? If it is now against the rules to express empathy for a person's loss I just give up.

Please review.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi Gosub,

A kid got killed and you made a joke in very poor taste. A kid got killed. Right now a family mourns the loss. Right this second.

Whether or not you meant it, you certainly were being a dick. Just for a moment, try and have some empathy.

Your infraction is deserved imo. It was a misplaced joke but somethings shouldn't be joked about. And this is one of them.

An admin can give an look over this without discrimination, if you wish.

Merry Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Please allow me to clarify. My post was not a joke. I feel for the other victim. If it was a joke, there would be a 'lol' or a smilie.

Advertisement