Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying habits of your OH

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

strobe wrote: »
    Maybe it's art?

Oh I'm sure it is to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Says no when you offer to pick her up some takeaway

Says no again when you make final offer to pick her up some takeaway

Immediately asks you for some takeaway when you start eating yours

Sulks when you answer GTFO

Doesn't appreciate joke when you wink, burp and rub your tummy on finishing takeaway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Being overly comfortable with mess. I mean its bad enough living with a messy person who just doesn't care but takes the cake to have to explain to someone what a mess actually is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Smoking..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

In my early 20s I went out with a thoroughly hideous bloke with lots of very unattractive habits. One was that he'd take off all his clothes, tuck his willy between his legs and walk around pretending to be a girl with a vagina. He's walk in a girly way swaying his hips and flicking his hair. He'd also sometimes take off all his clothes, wrap bedsheets around his crotch & bum as if it was a nappy, and talk in a baby voice, pretending to be a baby. I mean, who would do that in front of their girlfriend? It was a massive turn-off. If I was in the toilet he'd stand outside banging on the door and crying in a baby voice, "Let me in! Let me in!" When I'd yell at him to f- off, he'd pretend to cry and call out in a baby voice "Poo! You stink!" Just awful.

thats really disturbing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

heldel00 wrote: »
    He pronounces so many words wrong
    Meeami - miami
    Pengweng - penguin
    Meeyo - Mayo
    Borgur - burger
    Parshel - parcel

Pengweng annoys me more than any of the others oddly enough! Not as if it's a thing that comes up too often in everyday conversation!
    It sounds more like a bogger accent than mispronounciation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Cultural differences.

I started seeing this one from Trinidad who is a sort of semi-Rasta. We went out for a "drink" the other day which entailed her sipping a cranberry juice and me demolishing around nine cocktails and getting steaming drunk.

Likewise she's against caffeine and got p*ssy when I left at 8pm to go to the Irish shop for a box of Barry's. I mean for f*ck's sake, what sort of person doesn't have an auld box of teabags lying around the gaff? Have they no thought for the visitors out in the Caribbean or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

FTA69 wrote: »
    Cultural differences.

I started seeing this one from Trinidad who is a sort of semi-Rasta. We went out for a "drink" the other day which entailed her sipping a cranberry juice and me demolishing around nine cocktails and getting steaming drunk.

Likewise she's against caffeine and got p*ssy when I left at 8pm to go to the Irish shop for a box of Barry's. I mean for f*ck's sake, what sort of person doesn't have an auld box of teabags lying around the gaff? Have they no thought for the visitors out in the Caribbean or something?

maybe she's a Lyons person ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

If I'm watching something on the TV that she's not particularly interested in she whips out the phone and talks away throughout even motioning at me to turn the TV down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

anncoates wrote: »
    Says no when you offer to pick her up some takeaway

Says no again when you make final offer to pick her up some takeaway

Immediately asks you for some takeaway when you start eating yours

Sulks when you answer GTFO

Doesn't appreciate joke when you wink, burp and rub your tummy on finishing takeaway

this. all day long this.

or if your eating out, dont order a salad and expect some of my chips either. if you want chips - effin order them! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭The Adversary

Flipping on lights when it's completely unnecessary, then leaving the room and not turning them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Jawgap wrote: »

Some annoying habits on this thread. Some you could get over. ^^^ isn't one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Singing. Singing all the time. Sings in the shower, sings when he's doing things around the house. Sings in the morning. Does my nut in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

She's out the f*cking door if she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Apparently my inability to mind read is quite annoying along with my inability to figure out when yes means no, and no means yes except when 'we'll see' means no although it seems 'we'll see' can also mean yes and occasionally it can actually mean 'we'll see.'

......along with what I call "Objective Focused Shopping' - my lack of ability / willingness to browse for hoooooooouuuuurs is annoying, unless it's bikes or books.

.....and watching five things at once (two movies, a mini-series, a documentary and a rugby match) while reading the paper and playing with my phone is also quite annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Apparently my inability to mind read is quite annoying along with my inability to figure out when yes means no, and no means yes except when 'we'll see' means no although it seems 'we'll see' can also mean yes and occasionally it can actually mean 'we'll see.'

......along with what I call "Objective Focused Shopping' - my lack of ability / willingness to browse for hoooooooouuuuurs is annoying, unless it's bikes or books.

.....and watching five things at once (two movies, a mini-series, a documentary and a rugby match) while reading the paper and playing with my phone is also quite annoying.

And your tendency to talk about yourself? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

doing the shopping in tesco /aldi/ wherever....

push trolley 6 feet from the door "ah hello mary, this is my husband", then to me "you know mary, dont you?"

cue a ten minute discussion / description about how I know mary or dont, where I inevitably decide to say "oh yeah, I met you before" in a vague attempt to hurry things along.

this will happen 8 more times before we get to the checkout.

then whilst loading stuff onto the checkout belt "oh, i forgot such and such a thing, run back and get it", cue me running through the store (usually all the way to the back) and then back to the till where I have to wrangle my way through all the grumpy heads who are now being held up by us.)

when i shop, its earphones in, podcast on, talk to no-one, look at no-one. a weeks groceries in 15 minutes tops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

this. all day long this.

or if your eating out, dont order a salad and expect some of my chips either. if you want chips - effin order them! :mad:

Or when you're in KFC. It's a might bucket for ONE!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Saying 'okidoki' in a stupid voice to nearly everything I say! It's been about a month. it drives me insane!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

KatW4 wrote: »
    Saying 'okidoki' in a stupid voice to nearly everything I say!

You - Will you convince your hot sister to have a threesome with us.
    Her - okidoki

I'm failing to see the problem here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

In my early 20s I went out with a thoroughly hideous bloke with lots of very unattractive habits. One was that he'd take off all his clothes, tuck his willy between his legs and walk around pretending to be a girl with a vagina. He's walk in a girly way swaying his hips and flicking his hair. He'd also sometimes take off all his clothes, wrap bedsheets around his crotch & bum as if it was a nappy, and talk in a baby voice, pretending to be a baby. I mean, who would do that in front of their girlfriend? It was a massive turn-off. If I was in the toilet he'd stand outside banging on the door and crying in a baby voice, "Let me in! Let me in!" When I'd yell at him to f- off, he'd pretend to cry and call out in a baby voice "Poo! You stink!" Just awful.

And then females say that they don't date assholes instead off nice guys... :pac:

Nah, if seriously, how a guy like this can get girlfriend... Wtf?! Op how heavy are you? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

smcgiff wrote: »
    You - Will you convince your hot sister to have a threesome with us.
    Her - okidoki

I'm failing to see the problem here.

Haha well he only says okidoki to annoy me!
    And as much as I love his sister and all, I don't think either of us would be saying okidoki to that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Talking to other people while on the phone.

Either she'll be out shopping while talking to me and get caught up in a sale or she's at home with her family or out with her friends and in the middle of telling me something, she'll jump in on the conversation that they are having, with me left holding the phone not knowing what she's on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Biting her toe nails and she is going through a phase of putting on a Belfast accent, which sounds nothing like a Belfast person.

Berserker wrote: »
    Biting her toe nails and she is going through a phase of putting on a Belfast accent, which sounds nothing like a Belfast person.

Jasus she must be fairly flexible all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

YEah, as disgusting as that is, thats borderline win in my books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Women have far better flexibility than men, naturally. I would have thought that most women can do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Eating loudly.
    Always assuming the most negative outcome from a bad situation.
    Constantly losing things. He spent 20 minutes looking for his bike keys on Monday and they were in his pocket.
    Other than that he's A1.

Berserker wrote: »
    Women have far better flexibility than men, naturally. I would have thought that most women can do it.

Somehow I doubt it, but even if they could, I'd imagine most women wouldn't want to bite their toenails. It's a tad unusual to say the least.

Advertisement