Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland :: -> Tree's that produce seeds that you can replant?.

• 21-12-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hey all,

Does anyone know of tree's that grow in Ireland that produce seeds you can then re plant.

To put it in other words, I plant a tree in the garden, that tree produces seeds, I can take the seeds, plant those seeds and it grows into a tree.

Any idea please?.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭gk5000

Them all!

Nearly all trees produce seed which you can plant, though some are easier than others. Many are dual sex, but some are separate male and female, so you need one of each nearby to produce seeds...on the female tree.

Download the following and have a look at the specifics for native trees.
    "http://www.woodlandsofireland.com/publications/our-trees"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

space_LSA wrote: »
    Hey all,

Does anyone know of tree's that grow in Ireland that produce seeds you can then re plant.

To put it in other words, I plant a tree in the garden, that tree produces seeds, I can take the seeds, plant those seeds and it grows into a tree.

Any idea please?.

Thank you.

Ash, sycamore, willow,Alder, horse chestnut.
    But none are suitable for a smallish garden....

Hey all,

Any idea please?.

Thank you.

Hey all,

Any idea please?.

Thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

hazel would be fine for a small garden, with the benefit of the seeds being edible (albeit this obviously renders them unviable!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement