Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place/feeding mat

• 21-12-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

My ikea 'place mat' under Bailey's bowls has seen better days so I'm on the lookout for a new one. Any I've seen in pets shops are way too small though - I want one that's around A3 size like the Ikea one to accommodate the stand for the bowls. Any suggestions? Oh and it needs to be plastic/wipe clean not a carpet/mat type one - if so saw the mess under the bowls you'd know why :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Is this to keep the bowl in place/not moving, or to keep the floor clean?

If you want to keep the bowls in place, you could get a roll of that rubber stuff you use to keep a mat/rug from moving? Ive used it successfully, Its like a rubber 'mesh' that comes on a roll, and you could cut it to size. I throw it in the sink every couple of days to clean it - washes fast, and dry it in a second.

Actually if you want to try it, and if you PM me your address, I will post some to you for Bailey's Christmas Present :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks but it's to keep the floor clean. The bowls and stand are quite sturdy so don't really more that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

A cheaper alternative, which I use, is some offcuts of vinyl floor covering cut to size. Ask at a local carpet/flooring company.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

tk123 wrote: »
    My ikea 'place mat' under Bailey's bowls has seen better days so I'm on the lookout for a new one. Any I've seen in pets shops are way too small though - I want one that's around A3 size like the Ikea one to accommodate the stand for the bowls. Any suggestions? Oh and it needs to be plastic/wipe clean not a carpet/mat type one - if so saw the mess under the bowls you'd know why :pac:
    What about a standard floor protector used for chairs?

Nody wrote: »
    What about a standard floor protector used for chairs?

:eek: €22!

• Advertisement

Alun wrote: »
    A cheaper alternative, which I use, is some offcuts of vinyl floor covering cut to size. Ask at a local carpet/flooring company.

Oh thanks hadn't thought of that!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

:eek: €22!
    Well you can get something smaller cheaper in a normal store usually :)

Nody wrote: »
    Well you can get something smaller cheaper in a normal store usually :)

Maybe I should stick 2 together....or borrow the laminator in work lol!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Maybe I should stick 2 together....or borrow the laminator in work lol!! :pac:

Inspired! Print off a photo of them with a suitable quotation and use that inside the A3 laminating pouch. :)

Advertisement