Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nutter drives into crowds in France

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

A man shouting 'God is Great' in Arabic has reportedly driven into a crowd of people in France

http://news.sky.com/story/1395922/man-shouting-allahu-akbar-drives-into-crowd

Hope no one is killed!! World is mad.

Please be civil.

Please be civil. Ha ha. You're in mad max territory here forget civil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Please be civil.

*pew* *whiss* *pew* This is bandit country hombre *pew*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

baldbear wrote: »
    Please be civil. Ha ha. You're in mad max territory here forget civil.

Now, now, I do believe AH can be civil, polite and make great educated points at times.

A man shouting 'God is Great' in Arabic has reportedly driven into a crowd of people in France

Please be civil.

* individual known to have psychiatric issues for many years.

Please be civil... yet you call the man who in your report in known to have psyhiatric problems a nutter..:P

PS, love how Sky mention the fact he said Allahu Akbar, instead of man with seemingly severe mental problems drives into crowd.
    if the man had said '' God bless us and save us' I wonder would it have been mentioned.

Jake1 wrote: »
    Please be civil... yet you call the man who in your report in known to have psyhiatric problems a nutter..:P

You know what I mean, stop this from turning into an Muslim, religion bashing thread.

Anyhow I thought I was polite with the term 'nutter'

Also I added in the psychiatric bit after thread title when more detail emerged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Miley would have been fooked saying

"Well Holy God" every Sunday night for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

only a matter of time before it happens here

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

One hopes all his virgins will be #gamergate guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

You know what I mean, stop this from turning into an Muslim, religion bashing thread.

You just brought it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Jake1 wrote: »

If he changes the title to "Mr Nutter....." will that keep you happy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Tell muslims to stop attacking people then.

Nodin wrote: »
    If he changes the title to "Mr Nutter....." will that keep you happy?

Hey! Maybe he has got a doctorate in Nuttership.

A nut did it a few years ago off O'Connell st.

Hey! Maybe he has got a doctorate in Nuttership.

True - Could be a professor of nuttering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Anyhow I thought I was polite with the term 'nutter'

Also I added in the psychiatric but after thread title when more detail emerged.

Time for the 'softly,softly approach with these nutters is well and truly gone.
    Authorities need to start coming down on them like a ton of bricks.
    Zero tolerance.!

washman3 wrote: »
    Time for the 'softly,softly approach with these nutters is well and truly gone.
    Authorities need to start coming down on them like a ton of bricks.
    Zero tolerance.!

You mean throw people with psychiatric issues into jails? Yeah, that'll be a sure sign of progress.

it already did, Henry street, a few years back. Not sure what the guy shouted though :)

Rumoured to have been' Some say the Divil is dead''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

What a horrible week some really tragic stories this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Tell muslims to stop attacking people then.
    The enormous majority of them don't, and have no thought of doing such a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

True - Could be a professor of nuttering.

A Nutty Professor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

You mean throw people with psychiatric issues into jails? Yeah, that'll be a sure sign of progress.

You mean leave them on the streets to kill innocent Christmas shoppers.??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Really?

washman3 wrote: »
    You mean leave them on the streets to kill innocent Christmas shoppers.??

Yes, that's clearly what I meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Really?

yes really we are wide open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

It actually might be a good thing that he has psychiatric issues, otherwise he might have chosen a more effective vehicle than a Renault Clio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Didn't some loon drive into some protesters last week? Is it worse if you do it because you want to get home faster, or if you do it for the glory of your particular god?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

yes really we are wide open

Ban cars immediately. I can't see any other way to be certain some wacko doesn't kill people with one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

All these videogames making kids so violent, it's shocking and sickening, they should be banned.

.....Wait, he didn't shout "GTA is great!" ? Nevermind then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Please be civil.

they are all incomplete up there, serious grey matter is missing from them

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

The religion of peace strikes again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So the new excuse for the religion of peace apologists is that the followers of Islam who carry out these atrocities be it in France or Austrailia are mentally ill! Yeah right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

So the new excuse for the religion of peace apologists is that the followers of Islam who carry out these atrocities be it in France or Austrailia are mentally ill! Yeah right!

If you are driving into a crowd of people and believe a centuries old book you are hardly all there are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Please be civil.

Curious post. Headline is "nutter", footnote mentions psychiatric issues. Terribly unchristian and demeaning toward mental illness. Almost as if OP. Dish want the declared religious motivation considered.

They were, clearly.

Curious post. Headline is "nutter", footnote mentions psychiatric issues. Terribly unchristian and demeaning toward mental illness. Almost as if OP. Dish want the declared religious motivation considered.

If Ya bothered to read further posts I stated I added more detail to original post as more information became available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Seems "psychiatric issues" is the new screen to cover the elephant in the room.

Namely that innocent people are being maimed and murdered regularly in the name of Islam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

That guy who shot the cops dead in NY was a Christian, religion of peace my hole.

That guy who shot the cops dead in NY was a Christian, religion of peace my hole.

Did he shoot them in the name of Christianity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Hope it was a French car, it would break down before hurting anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

A friend of his says he was a Muslim: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/pal-ismaaiyl-brinsley-describes-smart-transient-man-article-1.2052537
    Brinsley was Muslim and also went by Isaiah and Moses, Romero said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Maybe he shouted "Ahh, Lads, who hacked me car?" and people misheard?

Irish Independence is has reported that the suspect in question was Sin Fein supporter and his mowing down of 1 million people on a french street was in defiance of the Water Charge. Although some sources in the US claim that he is from North Korea.

Irish Independence is has reported that the suspect in question was Sin Fein supporter

What's an Irish Independence?

I is has confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

And we're off with yet another attempt at a murderous rampage, apparently in Allah's name http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30583390

And we're off with yet another attempt at a murderous rampage, apparently in Allah's name http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30583390

Did Allah tell you it was in his name? theres no mention in the article.

Did Allah tell you it was in his name? theres no mention in the article.

Apologies, you're right. For some reason the BBC article repeatedly referred to the other incidents in the opening paragraphs where the perpetrators referred to Allah. BBC hoping for a copycat connection?

A driver who rammed a crowd of pedestrians while shouting “Allahu Akbar” (God is greatest) in France's eastern city of Dijon had a history of severe mental illness, a prosecutor said Monday, ruling out a "terrorist act".

“This is absolutely not an act of terrorism,” Prosecutor Marie-Christine Tarrare told reporters during a press conference, adding that the man had a "long-lasting and severe psychological disorder" and had been hospitalised over 150 times since 2002.
    She also said he had acted alone and did not have any religious motives when he ran down 13 pedestrians in Dijon on Sunday."

"The prosecutor said the driver, the 40-year-old French-born son of North African immigrants, had only begun to shown interest in religion a few days prior to the attack"
    http://www.france24.com/en/20141222-dijon-attack-not-act-terrorism-says-prosecutor/

Cadburys fruit and......

Apologies, you're right. For some reason the BBC article repeatedly referred to the other incidents in the opening paragraphs where the perpetrators referred to Allah. BBC hoping for a copycat connection?

It does happen,apparently. In the states apparently If there's a wild fire of some description apparently you get lots of arsonists who can't keep their marches in their pants, same with shooters.

It does happen,apparently. In the states apparently If there's a wild fire of some description apparently you get lots of arsonists who can't keep their marches in their pants, same with shooters.

At least this latest buffoon doesn't seemed to have killed anyone.

Advertisement