Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Service Washing Machines at Texaco Morgan St.

Options
  • 21-12-2014 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used these, do I have to stay there while its washing. What's the shortest wash?

I can wait in the car for it, but my 2 yr old wouldn't have much patients after 1/2 hour.

Does it really take 18kg? That seems to be 4 loads?

Our washing machine just broke and I doubt the guy I usually get will be able to get to me this week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Why not just load it up and come back later? Its what Ive seen people do.
    Nobodies gonna try break into your washing on a forecourt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

As above, go away for a while and come back. I have no idea how long it takes but it will probablt say on the machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah, I'll have to do that. Hope it takes all the washing in 1 go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll have to do that. Hope it takes all the washing in 1 go.

The danger with that is like any machine that is overloaded, the clothes won't be half washed as their all tied up in a ball with no room to spare.

Whatever about the weight just make sure their not packed in like sardines in a can.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Let us know how this goes.

• Advertisement

It took 30 mins to get there from ferrybank, couldn't park near it to read the details so just went ot my sisters and used her washer. Could be good for duvets though.

It took 30 mins to get there from ferrybank, couldn't park near it to read the details so just went ot my sisters and used her washer. Could be good for duvets though.

I never knew it was there until I read this. Would be useful in a situation where your own machine breaks down and your stuck, or as you say bulky items.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

theres a couple of them there. A dryer too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,433 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Whereabouts is there a Texaco on Morgan Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

There is 2 machines and 1 dryer.
    A wash takes 35 mins 18 kg for 8 euro.
    The dryer takes 18kg for 2 euro also takes 35 mins.
    texaco petrol station is beside the hyper centre shopping centre.
    Up the top of summerhill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

looksee wrote: »
    Whereabouts is there a Texaco on Morgan Street?

Its on Military Road just up from Morgan Street

• Registered Users Posts: 28,433 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Oh yes, thanks, i know exactly where it is, it was the Morgan street that was confusing me. Sounds like a useful service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

moans3536 wrote: »
    There is 2 machines and 1 dryer.
    A wash takes 35 mins 18 kg for 8 euro.
    The dryer takes 18kg for 2 euro also takes 35 mins.
    texaco petrol station is beside the hyper centre shopping centre.
    Up the top of summerhill.

Has anyone used this?

Seems like a really short amount of time to both wash and dry such a large load of clothes

Our dryer, which is a decent one takes 100 minutes to dry 7 kgs of clothes or thereabouts

Does drying the clothes at such a hot heat not ruin or shrink them?

How does it wash them so quickly too? I know there are quick washes on all machines but don't know if they do much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Most of the modern domestic washing machines take a lot longer to wash clothes now than they did a while back, I think I read that it's down to lower temps and less water for environmental reasons.

The commercial dryers have much bigger drums so more room for clothes to be spun so they dry much quicker than smaller drums in domestic dryers.

I use a quick wash a lot more now (27 mins) as most of the laundry is lightly soiled due to teenagers changing clothes frequently :rolleyes: I just use a 51 mins wash for the rest of the laundry unless it's wool or wool mix.

Have used this twice now. All three machines, results perfect.

Only issue is that's it's really creepy up there last at night, the machines seems to always be in use at other times.

At 2 euro for 18kg, the dryer is cheaper to run then my one at home. All cotton dry after 30 mind.

How much does the wash cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

Would I get a king size size duvet in there

Needs to be washed n dried

It costs 4 euro for the 8kg wash
    8 euro for the 18kg wash, this was 2 wash baskets worth.
    the dryer is 18kg too, but it has a bigger drum than the washer! I suppose so the clothes can move around more.

No idea if a king size duvet would fit, but you can try before you wash.

I think my double duvet woudl fit, but my mum has these super thick duvets that wouldn't fit.

You have to put your washing in first then go to the panel and select the wash and pay for it then back to the washer and select the temp and press green button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

db duvet + 2 pillows fit just right.
    Used it in early summer, Saturday, ca. 10am, had to wait for a person before me to show up and collect her wash.

I did wonder if you were late back would you return to find your washing dumped on the ground, maybe I'm just cynical!

• Advertisement

I did wonder if you were late back would you return to find your washing dumped on the ground, maybe I'm just cynical!

I wouldn't take the chance. When I was in college we had a similar thing in my student complex. I would have always tried to be there as close as possible to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Got a good read with me and spend all the time on the bench beside.
    Wasn't that brave :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CaptainOrla

Might give this a go at the weekend! Washing machine packed in for about the 4th time now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

there's one in pickardstown service station just on way into tramore, have a walk on the beach while your clothes are washing to pass the time

Advertisement