Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyoone still in eve

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Dr_Bill wrote: »
    I haven't been back to EVE for over 12 months, prior to that I was playing since '06. I left the game once the changes were made to Capital ships and the jump ranges as I used to fly caps all the time and basically broke the way I wanted to play. I might revisit the game at a later date but so far haven't been feeling the hunger.
    was it the one with 12 drones,as never understood the role of capital ships fully (being noob that played only 6 months)

but thou seen some flaming over from many years ago on eve forums how some pirates managed to push off capital ship thus not letting it dock,and person loosing like 100bill isk or so-since there was some sort of trick where small ship could push away capital ship thus making it impossible to gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Dr_Bill

I used to fly Carriers (12 drones) and build Super Carriers, once the jump changes and tweaks to science and industry kicked in it was no longer practical to produce safely at a POS. No way was I gonna stick BPOs in a POS and watch them get smoked. Only way to effectively copy in 0.0 was to use a Science station but the slots are all reserved for Alliance use so only feasible for the big boys to produce Supers and have a fleet of jump freighers. Compression changes screwed things over too as trit in 0.0 is a major issue to holds on (or used to be)

Small ships can ram capitals, preventing them from aligning correctly and hence docking up, also some stations pretty much spit you out of the station so your out of dock range very quickly. Couple of low sec systems are notorious for it and why you see lots of pirates in those systems.

EVE is still a good game, shame CCP broke the way I liked to play!

not sure but i think aligning and jumping was fixed since it was so long ago,but otherwise yes most of the stuff remains,like being shot out of station even in some higher sec systems,but id imagine with carrier and party of pirates around that could prove deadly.

anyway seems you had your share of good fun while it lasted since last i checked the skills alone take close to a year or so not to mention prices of BPs and other needed skill/materials to get to a carrier flying not to mention producing them.

But since im running out of any games to play,i think in a month or so will revive my sub just to see can i get back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i do be in it from time to time, im in the irish chat channel im nazzgould havent been on at all recently went broke lost my ship so started mining to make some safe cash then got bored and kinda lost the motivation to play. DAM YOU LEVEL 3 MISSIONS !! or 4 i cant remember which it was. but now i have the skills for mastery 2 battleships so mite try mine a bit of cash so i can get an abaddon on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i do be in it from time to time, im in the irish chat channel im nazzgould havent been on at all recently went broke lost my ship so started mining to make some safe cash then got bored and kinda lost the motivation to play. DAM YOU LEVEL 3 MISSIONS !! or 4 i cant remember which it was. but now i have the skills for mastery 2 battleships so mite try mine a bit of cash so i can get an abaddon on the go.

Mining should never be the answer lol boring as hell. Not so bad to do if your afkin and watching something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

What happened to the eve sub forum ? removed because of inactivity?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Yah, allot of the under performing forums were brought back under the MMO heading.

its gone long time now :rolleyes:

Advertisement