Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disk Director 12 (Acronis)

Options
  • 22-12-2014 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I'm having trouble installing Acronis Disk Director 12. The installation runs fine, I enter my keys, it continues on its merry way right to the end where it pops the icon on the desktop and then it reverses the install and reports the following

The installation was interrupted before Acronis Disk Directory 12 could be installed. You need to restart the installer again.

I'm on Win 7 but tried on an old XP machine but am getting the same result. Google or Acronis are not giving me any worthwhile avenues to explore in a bid to find a solution.

Any ideas what could be causing that problem?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭biketard

Antivirus blocking it maybe?

Or is there something dodgy about your installation disk? I don't mean illegal, but rather the CD is corrupted in some way (smudges, scratches, errors in production).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

biketard wrote: »
    Antivirus blocking it maybe?

Or is there something dodgy about your installation disk? I don't mean illegal, but rather the CD is corrupted in some way (smudges, scratches, errors in production).

Yes it's legit (an electronic download) and I should have mentioned what I had tried.

I disabled MSE & Mailwarebytes, tried as administrator and tried in safe mode. Ran Ccleaner just in case it left any boogie traces from the many failed install attempts. Ran Recuva too just in case it had any dodgy traces of the install attempts.

While there seems to be quite a few with this issue when I search Google, there is no sign of any resolution from what I can find. Users have reported this problem with earlier versions too but no reason as to why.

I wouldn't mind but the only reason I even want to install it is to create a bootable USB from within its media builder :eek:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,586 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Yes it's legit (an electronic download) and I should have mentioned what I had tried.

I disabled MSE & Mailwarebytes, tried as administrator and tried in safe mode. Ran Ccleaner just in case it left any boogie traces from the many failed install attempts. Ran Recuva too just in case it had any dodgy traces of the install attempts.

While there seems to be quite a few with this issue when I search Google, there is no sign of any resolution from what I can find. Users have reported this problem with earlier versions too but no reason as to why.

I wouldn't mind but the only reason I even want to install it is to create a bootable USB from within its media builder :eek:
    You say it is a legit copy, if so why not contact their support?
    http://www.acronis.com/en-eu/contactsupportprod.html?d=2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

kippy wrote: »
    You say it is a legit copy, if so why not contact their support?
    http://www.acronis.com/en-eu/contactsupportprod.html?d=2

Already have and they requested a log file but I've heard nothing since. I see too on their forums that other than the initial response to the complaint they have not offered any Info on how to work around it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Did you try redownloading it on the off chance the download was corrupted?

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement